HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

You end up taking this?

I’ve 23s with SOT CW and Safety and have gotten multiple offers that pocket 2-3k. Looking for a bit more / two of the offers are some hours away, and that’s after shipping etc.

One of them is in NY otherwise it would be 2k more (tax upfront).

1 Like

I guess dealerships. Cant be Online since they are not even giving any offers due to lack of data on 23s.

Is that for rubicon or Sahara?

Sahara and yes dealerships.

2 Likes

There is a much better deal offered right now by autoninjas then the one you listed and expressed via the calculator.

1 Like

Just to show a positive trend for values, I get quotes from Autonation every couple weeks and currently up to $59500 on a $67k msrp 2023 Rubi. It started around $57k and has moved up over the past month. Hopefully the trend continues

2 Likes

Make It Rain Reaction GIF by Bud Light

2 Likes

Are the ‘22 Rubi’s holding MMR semi-decent or have those tanked pretty hard too?

Rumors are swirling of a mid cycle refresh as well as a 20th anniversary

just got a recall alert from the jeep app.

https://www.cars.com/amp/articles/nearly-every-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-4xe-phev-recalled-for-overheating-battery-pack-458577/

1 Like

Nearly every? 13k is far far away from nearly every.

Stellar journalism as usual.

1 Like

Those rumours have been swirling for years now. With the new stla architecture due out next year and the push to get the bev wrangler out by 2025, it wouldnt make a lot of sense for them to do a midcycle refresh and then a year or so later, do a complete platform change.

If they can pull that off it will be interesting to see how much range they can get out of it. I absolutely adore my 4XE, and for a wrangler it is very very efficient, but for an EV it is magnificently inefficient.

Thought the same thing - I thought there was at least 50k by now

The recon due out in 2024 should give a first glance in that direction. Its supposed to be in the stla frame architecture, which is what the ram ev will be on too. My guess is itll be ford lightning-ish.

Yah, theyre doing something like 25-30k per model year and ramping up. 50k is probably about right.

It’s not an EV, you can’t compare the efficiency of EV to PHEV

EV has motor mated to axles to wheels (little power/efficiency loss.

PHEV has trans, driveshaft, transfercase, driveshaft, differential, anxles, wheels before you put it to the ground.

For what it is it’s pretty impressive IMO

For sure, not comparable to a true EV.

As an aside, and just for reference, I came up with a rough efficiency for both my Bolt and the 4xe. The 4xe used 2.4 times as much energy to cover the exact same test road.

1 Like

I’m seeing about same.
Most efficient was 2021 model 3 RWD with 263mi battery I’d get 5.5 - 6 miles out of kWh if I feathered it.