HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

true. i should have said quality and finish.

I faintly recall that the production on 23 wrangler 4xe starts sometime in Aug, so do we expect them to hit the market around Nov/dec ?
does the price of 22 drop right when they hit the market or after a few months?

Production starts around mid August. These will start trickling into dealers by mid to late September fyi

1 Like

I got a question for you guys… I got affiliate through my work, and when signing up for it, it says that the discount is 1% off dealer invoice PLUS whatever incentives/discounts you work out with the dealer. For Clutch’s southern Dealer, my discount is 9.5% off MSRP (like everyone else), but shouldn’t the starting price be off invoice given affiliate, meaning the discount comes off the invoice pricing with affiliate?

If you want to be specific about affiliate, its supposed to be 1% off invoice, full stop.

Some dealers give an extra 1% off whatever their discount is, which is above and beyond what its “supposed” to be.

Dont punch a gift horse in the mouth.

horse GIF by ADWEEK

7 Likes

LOL i’m not. I do specifically remember seeing that its 1% invoice plus whatever disounts avaiable.

Anyway i wont rock the boat :smiley:

exited for my 4xe to come in!

Did anyone keep track of how resell value perform during Aug/Sep months for Sahara and Rubi? Summer is going to be over and the risk of MY23 would drop demand?

What is “MY23” . 2023 year model. .
Why thats a risk ?
Does resell slow down in fall winter for wranglers.
With GC hitting the lots in Oct Nov that can affect the Wranglers? Or Wranglers has a different buyer .
I have to say i never seen that many Wranglers on the roads this summer as compare to previous summers. 90% of them are ICE not 4xe .

I finally got my hands on a barebones Sahara (CW,HT) flip I ordered on 4/1, and after a week I have to say I have very mixed feelings. At $350/month I think a lot of short comings of the 4xE can easily be overlooked, but upon taking delivery at $522 tax included I am struggling to see the value beyond a diminishing equity play. First thing is first: MPG. I drove from LA to San Diego and couldn’t get above 19 mpg with cruise control on. I know this is a hybrid and the city MPG is allegedly good, but I get better MPG in my S5 cabrio doing 90+ with the top down. As for using it in electric only mode, here in San Diego, chargepoint is about $0.25/kwh yielding a range of ~20ish miles for ~$4, in other words, anything getting 28 mpg at $5.60/gal would be equivalent. I can completely understand this vehicle for customers who have solar on their roof, or where electricity isn’t astronomical (San Diego has the highest rates in the country at $0.47 per kwh on peak), but for my use case the lease is just OK. I can’t say I didn’t know what I was getting into in terms of build quality and features (the lack of front parking sensors is a PITA) and removing the panels takes up a ton of space in the trunk. but at over $500 all in for a base model I can’t say that it is competitive vehicle in any regard in a normal market. I still have a Rubi on order with pretty much all of the boxes checked (SOT, Adv. Safety, CW) so we will see come late August/early September when it is due to come in if my feelings change. In hindsight, I really wish I had ordered a 392 late last year instead (more smiles per mile) for the summer and flipped that for a Defender at sticker come fall.

1 Like

Don’t expect MPG with something that has aerodynamics of cow.

7 Likes

Ah, the good ol non-sensical cow comparison that doesnt actually make any sense

After I sign the paperwork can somebody else pick up my car after my authorization?

Yeah…model year 23 hitting the lot would drop 22 demand I’m assuming which would be a risk if you’re holding on to flip the 22. The GC 4xe doesn’t seem to have RV like of Wrangler tho.

Hi all,

So, I am currently going through finance paperwork for a Sahara to pick up. But I can’t find any signs of signing up for a Tread lightly account so I could send to the dealer. I did receive their free T-shirt in the mail so the sign-up must have processed.

Where did you you guys get your welcome letter or what are my options here? Much appreciate any response.

Came in the mail and in my confirmation email from tread lightly

Should be in the mail along with the t-shirt and an email confirmation. Also, it must be activated for at least 30 days for it to work with dealership.

Yeah, went through all of my email accounts, and can’t find a thing from Tread lightly. It was a solid few months ago so I must have misplaced the physical mail somewhere. Thanks for the replies!

Check your spam too. Email comes same or next day follwed by snail mail.

1 Like

My Gobi is on the move - don’t know the etiquette, do you guys tip the shipping driver?

1 Like

I did for my shipments.

1 Like