HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

If you reset with Carfax in another zip code, can you get another online offer to different dealers?

FWIW recent data point - 2022 4xe with Safety and SOT runs ~$610 a month at Gupton (incl NY taxes rolled in! ~10% off MSRP) - see calc here.

Agreed. When dealing with local dealers don’t fall for the bait to “bring it in” I always emphasize it’s in new condition and I’m just looking for a number, subject to inspection of course. Just like with sales they’ll try to get you in to play games. Not interested. But happy to send photos.

1 Like

My 22 Rubicon ordered through @Clutch arrived today. Hands down the easiest car buying/leasing experience of my life. I ordered this in April, and payments would have been $460 with April numbers, but now I’m paying $650 per month. Not great, but could be much worse. For reference, it has SOT, Safety, Advanced Safety, Leather, Sting-Gray paint, and all weather mats. MSRP as ordered in April was $67,685.

I ran the numbers on a local Hyundai Tuscon for example, and the lease would be $919 per month after $6k in markup and $3k for the mandatory “platinum package” consisting of ceramic paint protection, nitrogen filled tires, and wheel and tire protection. So I’m still getting a hell of a deal.

I also went with Clutch’s recommendation for shipping. It was $1,250 to ship to Pasadena, CA from Louisiana. The Jeep was picked up Saturday afternoon and it arrived at 8am this morning. I’m actually blown away by how fast this arrived. The communication was severely lacking at the beginning, but the Jeep arrived quickly and without any issues.

There was also a Hydro blue Sahara heading up to San Francisco if anyone here is expecting one:

Oh one more thing to add: The first thing anyone should do is pop the cover off the fusebox in the engine bay and push ALL the fuses and relays down. Every single fuse was loose in this thing. Push them all down until they click into place. I can’t believe this is still an issue years into the 4xe experiment.

16 Likes

Who’s does those balloon-refi’s?

Does anyone know if penfed can be used in conjunction with affiliate?

Tesla with a non lowball offer, not sure if they hold true to this though

4 Likes

Unbelievable!!!

I want to say that the used EV credit introduced in the IRA bill should help in resale value of the 4XE but not sure by how much. Dump it if you don’t I tend to keep it.

Penfed credit applies to purchases only.

When they’re worth 25k or less but hey we’re on our way

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

you already have a car on order or they’re just straight buying cars now?

I believe you have to be taking delivering of one, so an option for someone going for a tesla

What was msrp I have a tesla coming soon and would love to trade my 4xe

64k now 66k I believe

1 Like

i presumed as much but you never know.

anyone know when 23 starts productions for 4xe and 392

In order of preference.

AmeriCu - Low rates, uses experian.
CapEd - Low rates, uses transunion
Hanscom - Great service, high rates.

In all three cases, a “refi” essentially means “used car rates.”
Typically it starts .25% higher (vs new) and an RV deduction for mileage.
So best to do it “immediately”

4 Likes