HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

I recently looked at rubi and sahara resale mkt.
Looks to me sahara mkt is softening but rubi are still going strong. If you sold that today you should get offers from 54k to 62k . Some will low ball you. Start with Carvana, CARMAX, AN and then check with Clutch/ LC. Think you need Registration to sell to most of the buyers.

1 Like

I was able to sell my highly optioned MY 2021 rubi in February, sticker was 65k (70k today) for 58k at the point where 2021 prices tanked because 2022s had landed. I believe 58k is around the bottom line for rubicons so you’ll probably break even or be a little underwater due to high rent charges.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Jeep Accessories Thread

I agree that you should be fine. But there’s no guarantee 23 numbers are better and could be worse.

I’m dumping my HA for 59.5 to a local dealer next week. I do like it and ordered it exactly how I wanted, but I have a Mach E coming next week, a Reign Sahara on order and it doesn’t make any sense to sit on 6k equity (it’s 8k but I put 2k out of pocket). I don’t need to insure a vehicle to sit in my driveway either, but it’s been fun.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

I’ve got my keeper, but now I’m thinking about ordering another to flip.

Can anyone advise me about ordering the premium soft top vs the standard soft top for a flip? Is the premium worth it?

I’m thinking of ordering a white rubi soft top, with matching flairs and the basic safety package. Is there any advice anyone can give on other options I should get or not get? This would be my first flip.

Thanks

Going to carmax later today to get a price on my 22 rubi with 1800 miles. Nationwide carmax only has 19 4xe and 18 of them are Sahara. The lone Rubicon is 2021 with 5k miles and they’re asking $68k. I

1 Like

Koons is telling me I can’t transfer a plate since it’s a lease lmao. Anyone run into this and know how to push back?

what state is your car registered?

Michigan. Never had a problem transferring plates on a lease here

They’re wrong.

I know in NJ the leasing bank actually owns the plates, so you can only transfer if you’re re-leasing through that bank and all information is the same.
Maybe Michigan is like that or [most likely] the DMV company that Koons uses is advising them that MI registration process is a pain and just issue new plates. I’m sure they’ll credit you back any extra money spent less their DMV service fee - it’s not like it’s a profit center for a dealer to give new plates for another state.

2 Likes

Ya i’m trying to tell them that. Will see what they say

Got my plates yesterday that was relatively quick. The third party processor contacted me on 7/14 for the paper work for CA VIN inspection and smog check. I dropped them off at usps on 7/15 and received plates in one week.

Are they sending your docs to state capital? I called the state capital and had them manually intervene to transfer plates. Dealer was Chappy though. Both CCAP vehicles.

I picked up the jeep in mid june in CA. I have not received any registration papers or plates yet. What do I need to sell the car to autonation or carmax? I would have to wait for some documents?

I’m not sure where they’d send them to if it wasn’t the state capitol, i’m not well versed in this area. They’re not budging though

I’ve seen it done two ways. Dealership mail to your local SOS office and you show up to finish paperwork. Dealership can also mail it to the state capital to process. Then the state capital will mail the plates back out to the dealership.

I intercepted the docs by calling the state capital. Told them to transfer plates without any issue. Excess payment was refunded back to Chapman and Chapman sent me a check.

1 Like

Updated offers.

$57k Carmax
$57k driveway

Market is definitely softening in the pnw.

1 Like