HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Autonation is a Hit or miss.
My initial quote went from 54k to 56k after Autonation dealer inspection.

I’ve done 3 $0 DAS with CCAP through 2 different dealerships in last 12 months. None were sign and drive so no marked up MF. I did receive a free monthly base payment in all 3. CCAP transaction history describes this free monthly base payment as “Assessment” with the same date posted and effective date as the first payment that was taken out of the federal rebate. The “Assessment” has the same base amount as the first payment, and it does not cover tax as tax is “–” in the tax column. The first payment has a dollar amount in the tax column.

Your first payment was covered by the $7500 incentive.

A “sign and drive” has an additional credit added separate from the incentive, so it further lowers your buyout.

4 Likes

Besides the first payment, there was a second paid amount that was identical to the base amount of the first payment. I paid nothing out of pocket and flipped before CCAP due date.

Two things…

1- I’m about 2 weeks into my ‘22, 67K Rubi. Really want to order MY23 and hope a higher residual offsets potential MF increases. Assuming I take that risk, is there a chance values are dropping fast enough I could be left holding the bag on my 22? I was at 10% plus rebate. Taxes and title ran about $2,500 and had to be paid up front. Dealer fees, broker, and ACQ. Means my sunk cost is about $4,500. That makes my break even $57,500 on a 67K. That seems FAR from a sure thing with the market softening… right? I really want a 23’ though and I think my numbers will be better.

2- Curious others experience with cost of gas/electric. My L2 Juice charger shows I’ve used 78kWh lifetime. My Jeep says I’ve driven about 100 miles on electric. With my electric rates, that works out to $5 for 100 miles on electric.

I drove from south LA dealer to OK and was only getting about 14 mpg. At $4 a gallon that’s about $28 for 100 miles. So electric is a HUGE difference. That’s $2,300 difference every 10K miles. Does that sound about right? My only problem is I’m not getting anywhere close to 22 miles on pure electric. It’s great for close stops around town though.

Was the 2nd labeled as an assesment, or was it the first payment from your contract satisfying the assessed amount due?

Id have to look at my statement, but i recall there being an assesment that posts establishing thd amount due and then the payment crediting against it.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

I recently looked at rubi and sahara resale mkt.
Looks to me sahara mkt is softening but rubi are still going strong. If you sold that today you should get offers from 54k to 62k . Some will low ball you. Start with Carvana, CARMAX, AN and then check with Clutch/ LC. Think you need Registration to sell to most of the buyers.

1 Like

I was able to sell my highly optioned MY 2021 rubi in February, sticker was 65k (70k today) for 58k at the point where 2021 prices tanked because 2022s had landed. I believe 58k is around the bottom line for rubicons so you’ll probably break even or be a little underwater due to high rent charges.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Jeep Accessories Thread

I agree that you should be fine. But there’s no guarantee 23 numbers are better and could be worse.

I’m dumping my HA for 59.5 to a local dealer next week. I do like it and ordered it exactly how I wanted, but I have a Mach E coming next week, a Reign Sahara on order and it doesn’t make any sense to sit on 6k equity (it’s 8k but I put 2k out of pocket). I don’t need to insure a vehicle to sit in my driveway either, but it’s been fun.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

I’ve got my keeper, but now I’m thinking about ordering another to flip.

Can anyone advise me about ordering the premium soft top vs the standard soft top for a flip? Is the premium worth it?

I’m thinking of ordering a white rubi soft top, with matching flairs and the basic safety package. Is there any advice anyone can give on other options I should get or not get? This would be my first flip.

Thanks

Going to carmax later today to get a price on my 22 rubi with 1800 miles. Nationwide carmax only has 19 4xe and 18 of them are Sahara. The lone Rubicon is 2021 with 5k miles and they’re asking $68k. I

1 Like

Koons is telling me I can’t transfer a plate since it’s a lease lmao. Anyone run into this and know how to push back?

what state is your car registered?

Michigan. Never had a problem transferring plates on a lease here

They’re wrong.