HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

I never bought from Gupton, so you can count me out. Lol.

1 Like

True. But if few give $$$ and few do other nice things it will be a nice balance of creating personal and monetary contribution.

It’s matter of time before you do :slight_smile:

I don’t blame him. I honestly felt bad for him . Their finance mgr left and he was the only one doing deals but also doing finance work and submitting them to CCAP. Completely understaffed fyi.

He told me and said “I’m not only the Sales manager, but also the finance manager” I said, I need to call Justin and let him know to give you a raise lol.

My Jeep did not have a full tank of gas (was on 3/4 ish), was not washed or PDI’d , was not fully charged (battery was on zero) and I still gave them perfect scores .

I can see dickwads here giving them 1’s about something like that .

4 Likes

I certainly applaud public shaming and censure when the actions of leasehackrs cause thousands of dollars in undeserved loss for people. If only such reaction were applied to all leasehackrs.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Ill preface this by saying that i have never given anything other than full marks on a survey, because i understand the impact it has on the staff in a way that is undeserving.

With that said, i find it odd that there is an expectation that customers need to lie on surverys or theyre considered poor customers. If the survey asks if i received a pdi or the vehicle had a full tank of gas, and it didnt, I shouldnt be expected to say it did (not including situations where gas isnt included for shipping reasons, vehicle got dirty during transport, etc).

If the deal isnt enough to pay for the services the manufacturer requires to be performed, they shouldnt offer the deal.

5 Likes

I mean you overlook “small” things like that and lie because you understand the humanity of it. Should you lie, of course not. But in this instance your getting a way below market deal and the dealer is working to the best of their ability and is counting on the survey. So you throw them a bone and lie.

4 Likes

The problem with survey is that from top the bottom get thrown under the bus from manufactures. It shouldn’t be like that.
Edit. In other words I’d hate to hurt everybody because of one person or a minor hick up.

2 Likes

It all depends on perspective. If you look at the overall market and the fact that these dealers are providing a way out for customers to avoid paying mark ups, then these tiny things should be overlooked. At the rate we’re going, there’s gonna be no jeep dealers left to provide these deals for the overall community.

1 Like

I overlook things, but there shouldnt be an expectation that the customer will overlook them, especially when asked directly about them.

2 Likes

If your paying below market price whoever is selling is doing you a solid. You should act and proceed accordingly. I am the type of person if the food sucks, the waiter is nasty, and the restaurant sucks, they still get 10-15%, because hey we all have bad days. They are looking you out with a good deal you look them out on the survey. Period.

1 Like

I’ll send you a gift card if you’d like. The hell I feel like I owe Everybody a gift card on here from teaching me on how to save money on cars for the past 4-5 years. Starting with @mllcb42!

5 Likes

I have the same feeling like how to I buy everyone a beer after getting a fat equity check on a Jeep I’ve only had three months and didn’t actually own.

2 Likes

Haha that’s a nice gesture from you. There are a lot of good people here. Unfortunately there are a few sharks here too who won’t blink an eye at causing a leasehackr several thousand dollars in losses.

When they get to the point of asking me specifically if something was performed or not though, i shouldnt be expected to lie and a dealer certainly shouldnt be surprised when someone marks them down.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking my dealer for potential clients that may leave a bad CSI. The markers are there, early on, prior to delivery. I just reach out to them and try to relay the importance of the CSIs.

That’s incredibly sad. Correct me if I’m wrong, Gupton has been giving folks 10% (?) off MSRP?! How can anyone possibly complain.

To be clear Gupton PDI was spot on for me. Didn’t realize how good until the mach-e came with every protective film and used coffee cup in the cup holder. Wasn’t hard to fill out the feedback for Gupton. Ford dealer I had to keep saying in my head they held the vehicle until I got in town, and no blessings = 5s. No blessings = 5s. No blessings = 5s… my 14 year old can do the PDI for Pennie’s and everyone wins.

1 Like

I havent done business with gupton. Im just speaking in general.

2 Likes