HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

Must have really liked the color (?)
Carmax is where I figured it would happen. They have them listed for high numbers. I’m not driving up to Wayne. But you figure they gotta all see the same numbers in the system. Maybe when I get back from my biz trip next week I’ll try to connect with them remotely.

1 Like

how long ago? did the check clear? lol

Wednesday. Got check from Freeland Chevy in Nashville.

so you really didn’t sell to them, you sold to a chevy dealer. Is that how driveo always works? They are just a go-between like cargurus or carfax?

This link has info about few CU who do Balloon Financing.

Edit: This link has at least 3 CU doing Balloon loans. Above link was not for Balloon loans just CU

1 Like

Don’t know how it is outside of Nashville, but they are on the grounds of Freeland Chevy, and all their paperwork and money runs through Freeland. Was painless.

1 Like

Carmax has different pricing according to the zip, but a tip is the algorithm doesn’t care if the zip you sell the car to is different than the pricing algorithm afaik.

2 Likes

Same here, I didn’t use any broker, will see what happen

say what?

Carmax doesn’t use an algorithm, though. They only do manual appraisals.

Yes. The Omaha DriveO I talked to is a Chevy dealership.

You can Google what address the DriveO location shows online and it will show what dealer it is connected to.

1 Like

CarMax do use algorithm for all their appraisal unless there is no data whatsoever. They just want the buying team to verify the computer generated number on new and rare cars before giving you a number that’s why you don’t get instant offer on 22’s.

carmax has never given me an instant offer on any vehicle.

How many miles did you have on yours?

Just over 1700

Tried this with Chapman and nothing happened. Stellantis doesn’t care about one offs.

1 Like

I did this and collected ~$150 iirc

1 Like

I tried that on my TRX but my NE 80k offer dropped to 75k Cali address. I wonder if they use your registration info from carfax/autocheck to produce offer.

Is Kent in Nampa still doing deals on the low?

Uh-oh, your ride doesn’t qualify for Driveo
Below are some of the reasons we could not appraise your Jeep :
We are unable to complete our appraisal when there isn’t enough market data available (i.e., not enough local comparative listings, recent retail, or wholesale transactions).