HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Ok I wonder if that will still be true in 9 months once the chip shortage has eased.

Right now, jeep dealers are being told to plan on 6 months before they receive any inventory vehicles to sell. That’s a long drought to build up demand.

2 Likes

Did you end up ordering another one after you sold your one in maple grove?

the calc I used Auto Lease Buyout Calculator: How Much to Buy Your Leased Vehicle? - NerdWallet was based on 29 months of lease left.

Yeah went and ordered through the group buy!

If your adjusted cap cost at lease inception is $49k(I assume that’s what you mean by invoice), then after 7 payments, the buy out should decrease by a lot more than $100

I sold mine after 5 months and 5,000 miles and walked away with 8k profit. If you’re buying at 8% under MSRP you’re going to make money. Not sure why people are still concerned about that. The only unknowns are what the 2022 programs will hold and the possibility of the $7500 rebate changing

2 Likes

that’s a good point. Maybe the calc is no good. It basis buyout on residual plus remaining payments. Is that wrong?

Would you be prepared to share some rough figures so I can see where my calculations are out?

Sure, $55,560 MSRP
Deposit $1000
Smog, registration, 5 months payments $4,296.20

Payoff - $43,334.44
Sold - $55,000

3 Likes

Yes. It’s basically rv plus remaining base payment. Doesn’t include unearned rent charge or monthly sales tax.

Cool - looks like your payoff is totally different from the online calculator. Weird.

Thanks! that makes the difference. 256/month depreciation turns the 6 month quote to $45k which is much closer to @Atlasnoir . Phew all makes sense again. Order coming!

The big thing being in CA It’s to pay attention to the total cost, not just the maximum discount. Shipping from the NE is a killer if there are closer options.

2 Likes

I drove mine back from the dealer I ordered from to save on shipping. Smog was $50 and registration was another $850. I went with my own dealer and didn’t seem to get the best deal compared to others, but still made off well in the end.

1 Like

Yep - clutch is offering to do reg for free in Cal so that’s covered. Order going in!

2 Likes

The wife’s HA arrived at Clutch’s Southern Dealership yesterday.

I’m doing one payment.

09/24 order
11/05 build and sticker found
11/19 ETA to the dealer is 11/22/2021 - 12/07/2021
11/26 arrived at dealership

Sting/Black/Tow
MSRP $59,835
Selling Price with AFF $53,851 (locked)
RV (locked) 63%
MF Nov/21: .00134 MF

36 months / 10,000 miles/year

Total Lease $14,386
Effective Monthly Payment $400

One payment $12,054 (MF 0.00062) save $2,332

18 Likes

Love to see these single pays and the savings!

3 Likes

Could you please convince me to sell the Jeep. Did a 1 pay for 14k on a 62.8 MSRP HA. Can Clear over 8k net. But I do not want to let go of it :).

I am picking up a Model Y next week. And have a Rubicon 4XE on order.

Options: sell HA now pocket 8k
Buy Tesla Y: and sell for possibly 12-13k profit
Wait for the rubicon and pay part of it with profit for both cars.

Or
Keep HA
keep Y
… decide what to sell when Rubicon comes in.

4 Likes

Why did you order 2 Jeeps if you don’t want to sell the HA?

Sell the HA now. Drive the Y until Rubi arrives. Keep the Rubi and sell the Y. Boom you are a millionaire.

7 Likes