HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

My 11/15 order has nothing either. She’s lucky.

1 Like

Just found out my Bronco is scheduled to build. But I am still waiting on my Jeep. How long do you have to wait before you flip these?

There are hardly any new ones available, so for many, used is the only way to get any inventory to sell.

In normal times yes but with the short supply of new vehicles a lot of used vehicles are going for at or just below MSRP. And that normal immediate hit to a new cars value the moment you drive it off the lot isn’t there anymore. Dealers can’t get in stock 4xe’s, so everyone flipping isn’t hurting available inventory that much.

1 Like

Finally got my plate from chapman after over two months. Ohio has EV fee of 234.00 so it cost 323.00 to register with new plate until 2-23. Chapman charged less than 100. Does Chapman eat this or do i have to pay the difference?

Build sheet was just found by cryptostickers for my HA ordered 11/4.

Advanced safety and cold weather.

1 Like

Thanks very good info. While the most expensive isn’t always the best, i’m always weary when someone claims to sell an identical product at a fraction of the cost. In general, corners must have been cut somewhere. Lots of low-cost third-party options on Amazon at ridiculously low prices. It always blows my mind that someone will try to save $200-300 vs. a reputable EVSE to charge a $40k+ vehicle.

I’ve had good experiences with my Grizzl-E, made in Canada and built like a tank. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive. I called to ask questions before buying and got an actual human on the phone who knew what they were talking about. It’s faulted twice in almost a year of ownership (it detected something wrong and won’t charge until reset) which makes me confident that it’s got all the safety measures baked in.

Grizzl-e definitely seems to make a good evse. JADaniels seems to be a good option for the budget conscious. The juicebox and chargepoint units are great if you need wifi features, etc.

Normally I would say you have to eat it - but if you got plates then that means the registration is already complete and they already paid it? When I picked mine up LC’s dealer charged me over $600 for registration/plates - hoping to get a good chunk back

Also, we’re probably a VERY small number on LH vs. the total market for 4XEs. Most people are just trying to buy a car, a smaller number are willing to place an order and wait, and even smaller number do their research on leases etc, and then there’s “us” who try to game the system.

I’m not looking for an outright flip, but getting to drive a fun car at a great price is hard to beat! I don’t think this thread would be nearly as exciting if we were buying/flipping Corollas. The Wrangler is a niche vehicle with a massive following. I’m just excited to be a part of it!

4 Likes

Yeah with chapman i paid a little less than 100 for tags and to register.

Last bit of help that I can think of at the moment: to start, I’m purchasing a Sahara 4XE with the intent to keep all 3 years. I also am planning to pay the lease all at once to save money overall.

Now, say that the Grand Cherokee 4XE gets released and I just have to have it and order one maybe 10-12 months from now. What is my best approach at moving the Wrangler and will I be down big money overall since I paid the lease in full to start?

The only cost disadvantage a one pay does is if you’re in a state that taxes monthly, you pay all the taxes up front. You’ll save money on the rent charge, but if you sell within the first year or so (exact timing will depend on tax rate), the extra taxes will cost more than the rent charge you’ve saved. If you’re in a state that taxes up front, it doesn’t matter.

Beyond that, if you lease with CCAP, currently you can sell to a 3rd party dealer, so unloading it is easy.

3 Likes

Does this mean that the taxes paid upfront during a one-pay is basically money down the drain, and non-recoverable in the event of a flip let’s say within weeks of acquiring the vehicle?

Also, when selling to a 3rd party dealer, does the payoff owed to CCAP include taxes on the residual?

That is unclear. I would imagine it is lost forever.

3rd party payoffs do not include tax

2 Likes

How does buyout work with one-pay? Do you just end up with a lower buyout amount vs a traditional monthly payment lease. Or do you have same buyout as monthly and ccap refunds your pre-pay separately from the equity check from 3rd party buyer.

Ah, I see! So, a tax is only applicable when the leasee buys out the vehicle and not when a 3rd party buys it out directly. So much to learn! I will do my best to refrain from asking such questions in this thread so that it can stay on topic. :blush:

Your buyout is basically the residual value minus any unearned rent charge. Your buyout will actually go up as time goes on as some of your one pay goes to rent charge each month.

Does anyone have an idea of how much Mall of Georgia, and/or Clutch’s southern dealership charges on Tag & Registration?

We pull your reg from the DMV at time of delivery and roll it in. We handle it

6 Likes