HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Who says you have to leave your home to go off-roading?

2 Likes

Tom posted over on JLWrangler an example of an invoice that showed a credit for sold order protection right on the dealer invoice for a 392.

So, it sounds like Stellantis is handling it properly and Tom won’t have to submit a credit - he is sold order protecting everything that goes in, but has that disclaimer to cover himself in case (1) the invoice doesn’t reflect the sold order credit, and (2) Stellantis doesn’t reimburse his claim. I don’t blame him for having that CYA.

3 Likes

I think after 2 months your credit score will increase because the debt/loan was paid in full and in good standing. Overall, the one pay should increase your credit score if nothing on your credit changes.

1 Like

Sadly, what ‘you’d think that…’ and what FICO says are usually opposites.

1 Like

It will be my daily, not getting it to flip. The deal is great and the positive equity is reassuring if I ever do want to get out of the lease. Only thing that would temp me is if GC4xe leases are good.

2 Likes

Very interesting. I was unaware that was even a thing.

which model do you have?

This is my thought exactly. I am looking forward to seeing what the GC deals are. Last I checked with LC he had an expectation of 7% off on 4xe GC’s. The enhanced comfort and tech features of the GC are very appealing but what will the RV be on it? I wish we knew what MSRP will be. But like you said, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

My buddy just logged in. Colors seem to be priced normally today. Any other data on the $895 bump?

3 Likes

Just checked with Jeep Chat, last I heard from my dealer was a build/ship date of 1/25. JC just told me my vehicle was in the paint stage but no dealer ETA. Is this still considered D1?

Wife’s 2022 HA just arrived at LC’s Maryland dealer. Ordered on 11/24.

5 Likes

You’re now beyond D1. Paint is F I think.

2 Likes

Woah nice!! What was the build?

Ya bastard

SOT. Cold. Safety

2 Likes

My 11/17 HA hasn’t even received parts yet :’) lucky!

Has anyone received at ETA date on an October-December order with floor mats?

I honestly think this is the only thing holding up my builds.

Thought they were eliminating floor mats from the build, if they didn’t have them, but that’s probably not holding anything up anyway.

1 Like

I’m going to post this here as well as in the Jeep accessories thread because it’s important information:

There was a discussion that popped up today on the 4xe FB group regarding someone that was having an arc flash issue going on with his Jeep while charging. A very unsafe situation if legit. He had the same unheard of issue come up on a second 4xe that seemed to persist.

Turns out he is using a Mustart brand EVSE, commonly sold on Amazon. There are a handful of other threads in the 4xe community talking about melted charging ports. They all appear to also be using the Mustart brand EVSE. Diving deeper, it turns out this is a common problem across multiple EV brands with the Mustart brand EVSEs.

Further, Nissan USA did an evaluation of widely available EVSEs from Amazon (https://assets.ctfassets.net/ucu418cgcnau/60HiTKMtnIJuRpZffYPe7F/018a58fd98870da1dd39ae457f42c13b/D1-3A_-_March_2019_EPRI_IWC_-_EVSE_Safety_Analysis-ET.pdf) and found that the Mustart units were missing critical CCID protection, had no record of being tested, appear to have counterfeit certification markings, and are potentially extremely unsafe to use.

If you’re going to be purchasing a level 2 EVSE for faster charging, be very wary of the inexpensive brands available on Amazon.

11 Likes

Maybe I am just to new to all this hacker stuff but I plan on keeping it for the 3 years as I need it for well… life lol.

But for the life of me I can not figure out how people are flipping these for profit. As new cars take a hit off the lot.

Also wouldn’t all the flipping flood the used market thus killing residuals and just hurting long term leases?