HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Yes the Rube is the best deal atm with current #s. I’ve considered getting the Rube but its sits higher and I have to pick up elderly so that’s why I would opt to get the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe (w/air suspension) down the line.

Even with the Sahara you may have issues picking up the elderly. I had to pick up my very mobile 70 year old mother in law in the last snow storm and I had to lift her into the car.

1 Like

That and the Rubi doesn’t come with step bars standard .

When my girlfriend got out of the car the first time she sat in it, she said “wow, this thing is pretty high” lol

It could be a challenge for the elderly or physically unable folks.

2 Likes

Outside of a full-size pickup truck, the Wrangler is probably the last vehicle I’d want to drive if I was regularly transporting people with limited mobility. It isn’t exactly easy to get in/out of even if you don’t have mobility issues, doesn’t ride particularly smoothly, and doesn’t even have power seats.

3 Likes

I test drove a Rubicon and Sahara back to back and definitely noticed a difference. Both had hard tops, but the tires on the Ruby made it “rougher” on the road. I was only going 50ish but definitely could tell. The Sahara was a smoother ride.

Can you even option steps? I thought it was just rock rails.

Nope, but it isn’t too hard to add some aftermarket ones if you wanted them.

Nothing from Jeep on build configurator but plenty of aftermarket stuff.

Does anyone know when High Velocity will actually go into production other than “late availability”?

The only info I could find so far was from a buyer in Russia who placed an order last week. He said his dealer told him the estimated production date for his build was late April. Take it for what it’s worth.

1 Like

I’ve reached out to my dealer to place an order for a High Velocity, I suspect it’s the typical 8-12 week lead time. I’ll let you know what they say.

2 Likes

I feel like I posted a pic of a 392 in yellow months ago on here. But i need to find it. Does that ring a bell?

1 Like

I remember seeing it. It was a 392 correct?

I know you can get them on your own but it kind of defeats the purpose of having more ground clearance, if you’re gonna use it for what it’s built for.

I removed it…my buddy from 392 planning said it was photoshopped as a joke.

I’m pretty sure you’re not allowed to order if you’re exporting these Wranglers. They’re not meant to be exported

They can’t even charge PHEV there from a regular outlet lol

1 Like

Interesting update about SOP / price protection from Tom at Chapman over at JLWrangler forums:

Hi…Stellantis has not been paying the price protection claims…around the 1st week of Dec we started putting a disclaimer when someone places an order…anyone without the disclaimer I’ll honor the poc pricing and hopefully get paid by Stellantis…

I hope everyone understands when u make a claim and it doesn’t get paid, there isn’t a court I can go or a “manager” I can call to to get the money back…if I don’t get reimbursed there is nothing I can do & if I were to take it further there can be repercussions like reduction in allocation…having a franchise I’m at the mercy of the manufacturer…some suit from the manufacturer can claim they will price protect, but that doesn’t mean it happens…if they know the date of the order, a multi billion dollar company can’t just invoice off the original poc? They won’t bc they want to grab the price increases & point the finger at the dealer…that’s the reality

2 Likes

I just saw this too. It is just a huge unknown, because Chapman also said they will charge whatever they are invoiced. I just looked through my emails and had the same disclaimer on my 21, and was charged original IV with no price increase, and there was one while I was waiting. I know their IV price because they sent me a copy. I guess we are at the mercy of Stellantis and what they feel like charging? Or will Chapman not show us their IVs this time?

well he needs to make it not-a-joke

more pics from the Hellayella fan club :heart_eyes:

6 Likes