HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Picked up my order from Chapman last night, process was quick and easy, no games. No mention of price hike since I was already built (thankfully).

$57k Sahara
8.74% off sticker
$432 per month sign and drive

19 Likes

Congrats!!! 2022, right?

Thanks! Yup, 2022.

1 Like

I’m going off the window sticker because it would have the highest msrp and if it doesn’t reflect msrp jump you’re saved

2 Likes

Is Tuscadero no longer an option?

many congratulations SteveB25. Good to see Chapmans keep their word, a rare but invaluable occurrence indeed!! Love the black wheels!

1 Like

Went away on 1/1/2022.

1 Like

All I can think about is who is going to buy a $65-70k jeep without the $7500 rebate? The feds incentivizing all EVs, not just Jeeps, is the only way people are gonna be splurging on these luxury plugins with a ridiculously low range.
Should be interesting to see how congress chooses to tackle this problem in the future.

5 Likes

They don’t have any issue moving the non-4xe wranglers and they are easily equipped almost as expensively.

1 Like

If you think the price is getting too high, just remember, there are still people paying original MSRP (or close to it) for used ones with no tax credit.

7 Likes

Lolol people aren’t ready for the truth.

2 Likes

How much, if any, of this price increase you think will flow into offer prices?

Zero. Margins will likely be held. Look at the few number of dealers offering any sort of deals. Sure, the dealership should be profiting more, but the structure of the deal doesn’t have to change.

You mean purchase offers from third parties? I don’t think it will hurt, but probably not help as much as we would hope.

I think companies are using the window sticker to base their offers? So if window sticker goes up, offer should follow?

1 Like

It’s certainly not going to make their offers go down.

1 Like

I guess it’s like people who churn credit cards. The people that miss their payments and get hit with interest allow the “smart” people to reap the point rewards.

Even though this is the new normal for the time being, I think it’s fair to say in a couple years this won’t be the case.

I can’t imagine it has anything to do with window sticker and mostly to do with auction numbers.

Good point. I have a Rubicon with a window sticker generated, but still hasn’t been delivered yet. So my WS will have the old price, but a comparable model ordered now would be thousands higher. I would like to think my offer wouldn’t be less than an equivalent unit just because it was produced two weeks earlier, but who knows.

I agree, it isn’t necessarily what you had paid for the vehicle but it would be to replace it. It is sort of regardless if you go X options for $3K less, than what it is ordered today. That doesn’t make your vehicle worth any less.