HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

I think you may be on to something here…

1 Like

I think this is probably right.

Resale numbers have been pitiful. My 21’ Sahara, 61k msrp and 1000 miles appraised for 48-50k on most sites. Wouldn’t even cover payoff.
CarMax and autonation are 55k so not too bad but not nearly what we saw early on. Just A word of advice for people trying to flip - the market is saturated with 4xe’s and online buyers are lowballing!

2 Likes

that play was never to get a highly optioned Sahara. The best flips are 58k and under Sahara’s or 59-60k Rubicons. But also 22’s are around the corner so i doubt anyone is paying top dollar for 21’s anymore

4 Likes

I picked extra options in case CCAP hit the fan so I agree with you but also think the 22’s won’t net as much profit. Let’s see how it plays out the next few months.

Agreed. You are 100% correct. Best model is a lower priced MSRP Sahara with a black hard top.

However, I also ordered my MY22 Rubicon spec’d to “keep”. Worst case scenario…I keep the Jeep for longer than I had intended and I’ll enjoy it. Sahara’s are nice but the Rubicon will be much better. I built it for myself and I’ll love having the top off this summer. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure I’d call a $6k+ profit from a $55k offer on last year’s model “pitiful” :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Ya some people getting greedy, if you told any of us 2 years ago that you had instant 5-6k equity after leasing we’d think you’re crazy so this time comes once in a lifetime, enjoy it :grin:

8 Likes

I’m not complaining at all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You’re right. “Pitiful” is too strong. Shoulda said “could be better” hahaha

1 Like

I’m also just trying to get a '22 for myself to keep for 36ish months as well, hoping the numbers are still good after it’s built.

I’m pleased with $52,500 for mine. I bought it as a placeholder until my first order arrived. With a February delivery I should bet ~$4,600-4,800 on an in stock unit.

Keeping my fingers crossed carmax steps up.

3 Likes

Mine is still en route so I’m trying to figure out the pay off quote scenario. Can you share a bit more info about your original discount/fees etc? Just trying to forward predict my payout quote. Thanks!

Numbers as in residual and money factor? Frankly, who cares… if you had already ordered at a discount and the $7,500 of free money is still applicable. Any realistic swing of the residual and/or MF is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yes but it’s not ordered yet :stuck_out_tongue: it will be this week. Hoping it arrives before May. It’s only a few dollars a month, might end up doing better.

I am thinking about ordering HA. Has anyone flipped HA? And how did that work out?
Thx

Maximum price or maximum discount🤷‍♂️

From what I can tell, Jeep has to inflate the residuals, and give discounts and government subsidies to move these things, and in the signed deal section still show a high monthly payment. All with the hope that you’ll end up with positive equity. Sounds like some pretty solid financial advice

is there no way to get the 20" tires on the Rubicon? seems all the other options from the Sahara and HA are available as far as i can see so far.

any options you guys think are must have’s other than the windshield upgrade? i’m going hard top on mine unless someone can talk me into the “convertible” top.

i’m stuck with Rubicon or Sahara to be able to get the red color so HA seems out, sadly. either that or i talk myself into the hydro blue.

For reference, Rubi’s are still flipping well. Sold a Gecko green rubi for $60k to Carmax yesterday, MSRP was 62,420. Hard top, cold weather pkgs.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t get a HA to flip. Inflated MSRP for an optioned up Sahara see my above post .

3 Likes