HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Hello, I’m glad I found this forum. I think I have found two dealers that will give me a good deal. Dealer one is about 3 hours away and requires a $1000 non-refundable deposit and is about $500 more when all the dealer fees are added. Dealer Two is out of state about 5.5-6 hours away, and does not require a deposit at all, but travel expenses would eat away at the small $500 savings. So my question is, how much more of an advantage do you think it is to have a no deposit requirement?

My build: 2022 Sahara 4xe MSRP $62,195
Dealer One: 9.09 off MSRP, plus $7500 rebate, but dealer fees of $1593. Requires $1000 non-refundable deposit. Dealer is 3 hours away.
Dealer Two: 8.26 off MSRP, plus $7500 rebate, dealer fees of $603. No Deposit required. Dealer is about 6 hours away, and out of state.

Where are you located? that may help others here get you a better deal

Yep! Location means everything.

I live in Florida. The out of state dealer is in Georgia.

Beware of dealers marking up Money Factor/APR… Best to go with reputable dealership or broker

1 Like

Go with the dealers that are a known commodity here and on the JL forums.

1 Like

I found both dealers from reading this forum post. I’m mostly wanting an opinion on going with the no deposit requirement vs. the non-refundable depost. If the dealer messed with the MF on the no deposit, I could just walk, but I’m worried about getting the MF marked up on me with the non-refundable deposit dealership. But from reading previous posts, I think both dealers have been good to others.

no deposit, otherwise broker’s deal from Louisiana @Clutch or Washington DC @AutoCompanion @DistrictCars. I’d hate waiting for 3 months on my order just to find out that lease numbers are mocked up

3 Likes

shout out to this king. gotta watch out for the homies.

1 Like

fellow floridian! worst state in the nation representing.

i’d go with the non-refundable. now that the dealers aren’t locking into pricing and with this covid mess spinning up again i’d take the option to back out at no cost in case this thing goes down the tubes.

2 Likes

I’d def go with one of the brokers here or order a car from one of the aforementioned dealers here.

While they’re confirming the discounted sales price with you, you have no idea if they’re going to fully mark up your money factor or come delivery day, add on about $2000 or $3000 etc in hard add ons.

Fancy a coat of wax for $999? Customary tint for $1199?

Given most CDJR dealers are not to be trusted, I wouldn’t be suprised if they pulled something like this on you (especially in this market). It’s the worst too when you’ve been waiting for 2-3 months and the truck finally lands only to find out there are tacked on add-ons or a jacked up MF.

CYA - we use this term at work a lot and I use it alot especially when I’m car shopping.

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

It’s not all bad. The nice weather should offset the $1000 dealer doc fees in FL.

I’m assuming Mall of Georgia, which many folks swear by, so I’d go with them.

1 Like

Anyone know how the Money Factor and Acquisition fee changed this month?

Don’t think it is up yet.

Credit bumps still available until end of the month

RV and MF not posted yet. EV credit will be passed on again.

16 Likes

Is it ever worth doing a 48 month lease to get Acq fee waiver if you plan on flipping? (since higher MF won’t impact you much) or are there other negative factors?

Absolutely worth it if you are flipping in 1-2 months. As you said the only downside is a higher base MF. You could calculate out the acq fee gain to MF loss per month to figure out how much you could make depending on how soon you expect to flip.

1 Like

GREAT news on the $7500. That was my only real concern.

Any info on waiver for Mid-Atlantic?

California and West regions: acquisition waiver for 36 months only.

Great Lakes, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast regions: acquisition waiver for 48 months only.

All other regions have no waivers this month.

2 Likes