HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

I just had this fight with a dealer in Tennessee. They would not budge. Their title company has to handle it and I’m stuck waiting for over a month now.

2 Likes

Hi 4xe crew….I’m back with another question re: flipping.

I finally received my NJ registration and can flip my first 4xe. I already took delivery of my 2nd and would like to get rid of the first one. It was kind of an accidental double order (long story not entirely worth telling).

I realize this is not knowable but I’m interested in opinions here.

I’ve got a 2021 Sahara with msrp 60935.

I’ve seen other report that offers are a bit down over the past few weeks. I’ve seen some suggest that is because it’s now 2022 and these are now a year old. I’ve seen some say it’s due to winter time being less popular time to buy wranglers and auction prices may be temporarily surpressed.

I’m also reading about this Canadian issue and it’s potential impact on auto industry.

I’d like to sell and don’t want to find myself with two, but given the above do you think it makes sense to wait 2-3 weeks. Or risk reward not worth it, just go down the list of selling locations and move it now? Or is it just going to worsen as it gets later in 2022 cause it’s a 2021.

Also elephant in the room is possibility that 3rd party sales are stopped.

Curious for your takes. Leaning toward selling asap.

which dealer and where are you trying to register buddy

Keep us posted, Schyuler - best of luck

There is no any harm in getting a quote now, since many of them come with a 7-day guarantee and it generally doesn’t prevent you from getting another one, say, 6 days from now.

If it were me, I wouldn’t bank on values going up on last year’s model since '22s are now arriving en masse. But, of course, anything is possible.

Nobody knows where the market will go but it behoves you to get as many online quotes as you can List of places to sell or value your car online maybe even get some KBB cash offers and try to see if anyone local will beat your best online offer. AutoNation seems to be giving the best numbers but YMMV. And then see if it makes sense. Market could go up or down but ask yourself if you want to wait and maybe get 1-2k more or less or take the profit you can get now.

Also posted in another thread but you might also consider https://www.enterprisecarsales.com/value-your-vehicle/?icid=nav--Online%20Vehicle%20Valuation--HomePage

as they’ll pay KBB trade-in value it seems.

1 Like

Interesting that KBB (and that Enterprise link) still doesn’t show any '22 Jeeps values yet

I’m holding out in case the earth’s poles shift and all of the US is thrown into an ice age. Wranglers will be in crazy demand.

hey, my guess is as valid as anybody’s.

7 Likes

Sell 21’s asap

4 Likes

Yeah for 2022’s there’s just not enough data yet. But Enterprise like other places where you have to go in person, you can just take your best offer and see if they’ll beat it and use the 2021 prices as a point of reference.

Old sticker price

Trying to decide between standard or premium soft top. Any idea if the premium would slow down the build process?

let me check that for ya…

giphy

8 Likes

Go with premium, the vinyl is scrap

At this point, 1 lug nut would slow down production, according to the internet.

1 Like

It honestly seems like they are increasing the sale price by adding $1000 extra somewhere.
The closest I could come up with is this with a selling price of $53897, not $52879
Your adjusted capital cost in the image is also $53897.

I already provided the calculator. According to the sheet he posted, he isn’t putting anything down, so that is wrong in your calc. The up-fronts are coming out of the $7500 incentive.

1 Like

Gupton was nice enough to send a driver to pick us up from our hotel in Nashville.

Bump

anyone order from Chapman to Florida? Do they register and do everything and just send you the plates? And/or do I still need to go to the DMV or Tag agency myself?

Thanks @anique that’s what I was wondering too, but very confused specially with the shady response that someone got, had me be on alert. but @Qbrozen what I m still confused about is even though my selling price is 52879 (5%off invoice) and then they took out $1196(fees) from the $7500 then it shouldn’t have disturbed the 52879 instead they use 53896 as cap cost-- is that making sense?