HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

You’re right about the broker fee that I missed. My mistake. I was looking at the posted leasehackr calculator. Throw in $600 broker fee and it goes to 3.43% off MSRP, not good.

You’re right that the smog/DMV registration is the smallest issue. Shipping runs $1,000 on up and I’ve seen doc fees $399-$599 instead of California $85, eating most of that $1,500 difference. Then unlucky folks have the shipper get into an accident or some other shipping issue.

Anyone looking at ONLY the % off MSRP is doing themselves a disservice.

LH is about analyzing the whole deal and making an informed decision.

You need to consider the sale price, doc fee, shipping cost/time, different rebates or incentives, whether MF is marked up or at buy rate, available lease banks, your time, etc.

5 Likes

Are we certain that 21s aren’t orderable at this point?
I understand trhat 22s are slated to start production week of 12/6.
@AutoCompanion et al

Yes. They stopped taking orders on 21s around the beginning of october.

2 Likes

This appears to have slipped a couple times. Was the 6th, then the 9th, now a week or so later. And then they shut down for the holidays.

They essentially aren’t starting until january.

Depends on where shipping is coming from. That’s why clutchs SW options were recommended for price comparison vs some of the east coast options.

And we’re thinking that the limited edition paints are the ‘first’ to be built in the coming weeks?

I’m hoping so, but not counting on it

I have yet to see that theory proposed here

2 Likes

Yes, no 21 orders. Only 22.

Part of the reason I went tuscadero on my 392 was the hope that the le color would force it to be made sooner than later. Not necessarily the first off the line though.

1 Like

Don’t think so but would have to ask dealer for an official answer.

Source please. Always.

There are some jeep factory employees in the 392 Facebook group

2 Likes

Anecdotal source.

I just got an e-mail from Mike Clinnin this morning saying I’m scheduled for production 12/17.

He also noted that is the first build date he has out of all his 22 orders (which may or may not be the first available for all dealers, of course).

2 Likes

The dealer knows little more than you do. I would take that with a HUGE grain of salt

Guys….looks like Friendship CDJR in Bristol, TN has a few Sahara’s at 7.25% off MSRP on the ground. Looks like $699 doc fee.

I’m texting with them now.

12/17 sounds about right for production to be starting, so it wouldn’t be totally unreasonable.

Their website only shows 3 in transit and none in inventory. They have a snazzberry in transit I wouldn’t say no to.

Edit: apparently I got redirected to the wrong site