HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Correct…if the reg was already paid for and processed by the OOS dealer (you paid title/reg in your contract). Mine was processed by dealer through QuickPlates, and needed to provide Smog/VIN check and pay tax on the $7500 rebate (about $620 iirc).

Question: For the equity on the flipped Jeeps (or any vehicle), what do you have to pay in taxes on that money?

That is a hotly debated topic without a consensus, and likely varies by state. Your best option is to consult a local CPA to evaluate your personal tax liability.

1 Like

Are you aware of a thread on Leasehackr where it is hotly debated? I’ll do a search myself but if you happen to know of one, I’d love to check it out and see what folks have to say on both sides.

Found this which gives an idea of the thinking out there as to whether the equity on a lease sale is profit or a reduction in the total cost of a lease:

Not sure yet, I’ve been letting the dealer handle everything but I’m going to get in touch with QuickPlates soon to see if I can expedite the process.

Btw has anyone used CarbuyerUSA?

The stock Sahara setup worked pretty well. I picked a relatively easy trail just to be on the safe side. If I was keeping the Sahara long term, I would probably throw on some Rubi takeoffs and air down for a much more comfortable ride & better grip over rocks.

1 Like

For me the dealership overnighted some documents (not sure what they are yet) to the DMV where I did my VIN verification. I’ll be heading back today to see if they have everything that is needed…

I guess some news on 2022 models came out today. Options, colors, etc.

1 Like

Where you see this? I can’t find anything

2022 4xe Saharas will now come with blue toe hooks like the HA and Rubi

3 Likes
1 Like

Hmm, what did he say about Willys referring to 4xe?

According to the comments, he said the little Jeep on the wheels (referred to as Willys) will now be blue.

No extreme recon pack, wah wah wah. But Hydro coming to HA, as well as mirror turn signals and new rim on the ‘22 HA.

Recon pack would have to take a major hit to pure ev range.

1 Like

Does anyone know when '22 model will be available on the site to configure the order? I am hoping they have the same incentives and higher RV will make this a steal if we can get in early?

If the 7500 credit doesn’t change, It’d be so awesome to get in on a 2022. Looking forward to seeing whatsup with that.

1 Like

FYI, anyone that has to goto the DMV in CA for registration will need a VIN inspection (at DMV), Smog, and a Power of Attorney with the Tax ID listed. I had to go back because the POA wasn’t sent originally.

3 Likes

Took 3 months for them to give me that tax ID number. From being transferred to multiple departments, to being told “We don’t give that out, I just asked my supervisor” it was quite the nightmare.

1 Like