HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Seriously? That’s crazy.

Since people aren’t even hiding the fact they are flipping them, no remorse that the Federal rebate doesn’t permit resale??

Why would that apply here? The captive finance company is assuming the rebate and passing it along to the lessee in the form of cap cost reduction.

They don’t have to. The credit is per vehicle and one time only regardless of how many times the ownership changes. So I don’t see any problem here.

We’re in a rare market condition that yield profit to flippers but that’s the beauty of the free market that we’re fortunate to have.

It’s a loophole. The intention of the federal rebate was not to create equity for flippers for a vehicle with 29 miles of EV range. The program is clearly worded not for resale.

It is unfortunate that some folks are here to be argumentative and be a referee of tax programs. Mind yo business! :crazy_face:

There is already a separate thread more applicable to the topic anyhow.

2 Likes

21-22…

If it were 25 or more, MA would be kicking it’s residents addtl savings :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, where did you see that? First the bump a couple months ago, then Dual Top Group, and now this! I think Stellantis/FCA is starting to see that @ a ~48% lease rate (vs. Wrangler nat’l avg, of 27%, and corp avg. of 20%), they can get away with a little more on the 4xe.

Ya, where’d you hear that from?

Prices are exactly the same on the latest build guide from 7/6.

Today is the 15th, though.

They usually do monthly build guides and there are no reports of any MSRP changes at all. It would be highly unlikely for that to just drop out of nowhere, especially when they revised their build guides just the previous week.

I have also heard and seen the same thing re MSRP hike on the Saharas.

I received a build sheet today. That’s how I know.

2 Likes

So which of you had your stormtrooper Sahara 4xE parked near the Denny Triangle today in downtown Seattle? No plates and was from an out of state dealer. I have to assume it was a hackr.

1 Like

Looks like Rubis also affected and this car is in D1

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that! I wonder if this means we still get to pay the agreed upon price (based on the old MSRP) and get a lower payment?

I can’t answer that

A lot of this will depend on where you ordered from and if they have price protection (I think but can’t confirm)

1 Like

Usually dealer will discount to meet the same numbers agreed to or more likely orders that were placed before price hike were protected from the hikes and won’t matter. The latter happened in my experience (gupton)

2 Likes

Hi all - is Gupton the place to go for the best discount at the moment (9.7%)? Does Gupton lock anything? I know clutch is doing 9% and can lock the RV and sell price. Thanks.