How to find loaner vehicles – is this right?

My MB store told me that if an MB is CPO’d it is technically “Pre-owned” (as they have been registered to be considered pre-owned) and can not take advantage of the “New car” lease programs (special MF, trunk money, etc.). The trunk money (which can be significant) is not applicable on CPO’s vehicles as it would have already been taken by the dealership when registering the car. That said the dealership is still able to pass it on to you if they chose to take a lower margin on the vehicle.

What’s more CVP (Courtesy vehicle Program) cars continue to receive compensation from MBNA in the form of mileage reimbursement, reducing the vehicle’s cost the more miles that are accumulated. CVP vehicles need to be in service for certain amount of time to receive this money from MBNA (typically 90 days?). However, if the CVP vehicle exceeds 3,000 miles then the residual is negatively affected by $0.20 per mile in excess of 3,000 miles.

The best way to take advantage of the CVP program in order to lease an MB is to secure one with between 3,000-5,000 miles IMHO. By doing so you may be able to secure a relatively good value on the car (starting with 6-7% off the MSRP) plus take advantage of any trunk monies and MBNA CVP reimbursements as well as leverage any other new car program discounts (Fleet, United MileagePlus, MBCA coupons, guest coupons, etc.) without significant impact on RV. As an example, the CVP E300 I leased was 21% off of MSRP.