How possible is it to lease a new Kia sub 300 with $0 DAS in TX?

Hi all,

Hope this is the right section.

Lease is coming up on my 2021 Forte EX, which has heated and cooling seats, which (especially the latter) are something I want going forward. I was able to get this May 2021 in CA via a broker for $260/mo including tax. 36/10. $0 DAS.

I have since moved to TX and my payment dropped to $238/mo due to differences in states.

In this time I’ve potentially been interested in getting a bit of a bigger car and am totally cool with Kias. My wonder is that I’m not totally sure I’d even be able to get the “same” Kia Forte just 2024 version at the rate I’m paying now, let alone be able to upgrade to something bigger potentially. I fully understand how the market has evolved, inflation/costs etc and don’t expect the exact pricing I have now, but I am comfortable going up to about $275-$300/mo.

Kia said I can extend my lease 6 months but I don’t know if things could cool down by even then to the extend I’d want or need to get into a new lease without so much of an added financial cost.

Guess my question is---- is it at all possible to find something like that with those terms or would I be totally off my rocker, looking dumb or foolish, wasting everyone’s time etc by going to a dealer and asking if there something they could do. Thinking the lease extension is the best play for now but I’m happy to hear otherwise, especially because I’d like a bigger car because the Forte is slightly small for my height and I find myself needing some space to move smaller furniite to the new house, etc.

I also can’t seem to find brokers dealing in DFW area, for what it’s worth.

Thanks in advance!

How much discount is required to get you to that number?

I’m not totally sure to be honest. I know it has to come off MSRP correct? Not sure on money factors and all that. Just doing some initial prep.

This one was just a dummy one that I was looking at last night that has some of the features I want. Didn’t dive into the bigger models because I was seeing MSRPs of 28, 29+.

Prob gonna need lender tax credits

1 Like

Thanks. Is that something I could ask for when walking in?

Just looked at my lease for the 2021.

Value of car - 21,750
Electronic Registration - $30
Acquisition - $650
Total - $22,430

You ask over the phone, NEVER walk in asking that.

Go to Wiki here and learn the negotiable lease variables and how to populate LH calc to put together a target payment for the vehicle/term you want.

TX taxes on the entire sales price of the vehicle. Not sure how you’re going to meet your target unless you have:

:point_up_2:

Thanks. Might just kick this can down the road and extend my lease for six months haha.

1 Like

I’d use the extra time to continue shopping and educating yourself on what your target deal can be.

CA and TX handles taxes differently and a captive/lender offering TX tax credits makes a huge difference.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks. Been a while since the last one so I’m out of practice.

Do you think it’s at all fruitful or educating to email a dealership just to see the gap?

I’d hold off on any dealer contact until you’re ready to buy/lease.

Or hit the easy button and work with a broker from the marketplace

Thanks. Was trying to find a DFW broker on that end of the forum first which was a bit difficult. Actually didn’t really see much on the broker front in north TX overall.