How often do you test drive?

So what’s the point of getting a GLE63 vs a 350 or 450?

If that’s not sarcasm, that is seriously messed up.

Get e-tron :point_up:

1 Like

I think if you like the Model 3, an e-tron will be a huge disappointment

We test drive and also leverage the annual auto show to give any cars on our list a look w/o a salesperson hanging over your shoulder.

1 Like

You spelled improvement wrong. :). /runs away and hides

Never test drove the gle 63 before getting it, first Mercedes too. But I had fast suvs before from comparable brands in the same size category. Reading people’s reviews in comparison to the others felt like enough for me.

If I were deciding between a 450 and 580, I would need to test drive to see if the 450 meets the requirements.

I’ve had a few vehicles that I was immediately “nope, no way in h*ll”. One that I can vividly remember was a Hertz rental, Chevy Equinox. Not the current gen, but boy was it something. I literally drove about 2 miles and turned around to exchange it. I’m still flabbergasted how so many people not only tolerate driving them, but they PAY for it too. :joy:

2 Likes

This is what happens when you don’t let your wife test drive before lease

How to unwind brand new lease?

3 Likes

What a great thread. How did I miss that one?! LOL

Luckily my wife is more laid back than that.

That just means you haven’t found that one trigger that will turn her from laid back to full out psycho :slight_smile:

this is how really bad threads start. Just saying…

Lets reiterate it a few more times then, just in case the sensitive ones missed my initial post.LOL I’m not claiming that I had written the book, I’m simply stating what I had read.

1 Like

Same question here. When shopping for my next car, I drive usually 2-3 different brands to solidify my choice. Once I settle on a car, I shop around and rarely drive the exact vehicle I’m driving.

The only outlier was my wife’s Enclave. I brought one home for extended test drive from the dealer closest to me, but they wouldn’t work much on price. Another dealer few miles away had the best price , but had to dealer trade for the model we wanted. It ended up being the same car I brought home lol. It only had 22 miles when we picked it up.

1 Like

I have short arms relative to my legs, so I need to at least sit in the car. The seats themselves in all cars will accommodate my preferred driving position (very upright), but, in a lot of cars, the headliner above the driver’s window is uncomfortably close to my head (esp as cars get ever swoopier).

I still personally test drive cars b/c I purchase, and, if I were to end up not liking the car, I’d be kicking myself for not taking the test drive.

But I totally agree w/ you that stuff that may ultimately annoy you about the car is often not detected on a test drive.

Preach. I also wear “european comfort shoes,” and Rockport makes decently stylishish loafers that come in a W.

But, for sneakers, absolutely nothing else but NB, alas…

F New Balance, discontinued everything that I liked! Next time I find one that I like, I’m buying a truck full.

1 Like

I’ve also grown up as a car guy and the “go to” for my family. They’ll ask me what car they should get next and I can’t recommend one until I drive all of the options.

Test driving has been a hobby - so is dealership negotiation.

For me, I guess it depends on the vehicle. I’m currently driving a Tacoma and never test drove it! But I’m also guilty because I have a year left and just test drove a GLC and was not impressed at all. I’m currently waiting to test drive the new Bronco, Defender, and GV70.

I just placed another order without test driving. I really just don’t like the car buying process and prefer to not step into a dealership. It’s for sure not the best practice, my father in law thinks I am insane.

This order was more for necessity though, we now have 4 kids and needed a big car to fit all of them and more in to it.