How much has your car insurance changed since you last checked? (lease/finance)

Could be because of Florida? Recent history has a lot of floating cars there monthly event every year.
Even if you never had an accident you have a high probability of your car turning into a submarine in that state

1 Like

Cost to repair or replace your car is a big driver of premium, and we all know those costs have been going through the roof over past 2 years. But another big portion of your premium that most people don’t think about is 3rd party liability coverage (BI & PD) - this can be really useful expensive in a state like Florida that is extremely litigious. Also PIP and UM coverages that cover your medical costs.

1 Like

state farm has always been more expensive for me. try progressive, AAA, or Farm Bureau.

1 Like

The 21 year old + Florida is why. Almost 50% of drivers in Florida in certain metros have no insurance at all. This is to make up for that.

1 Like

Yes and this is pitiful. There should be very harsh penalties for this IMO.

Just discovered a pretty neat hack about Geico. If you own Berkshire stock you get 8% discount on your insurance. And apparently all you need to do is call and tell them.

4 Likes

Me tomorrow
Bored Call Me GIF by Aardman Animations

4 Likes

How do they verify if you own the stock?

James Franco Flirt GIF

2 Likes

My understanding is that they don’t, but you can technically buy fractional shares and be considered a shareholder.

1 Like

“I’ll take $.01 of Berkshire please”

2 Likes

They ask you if you’re a stockholder when inputting info for a quote

I believe you send them a screenshot of your brokerage account or s/t like that

1 Like

Thieves are now stealing airbags from parked cars?

I guess that would help offset the 30% premium increase :man_facepalming: - I do wish I knew about this though as I had them for 5-6 yrs until last fall.