How much has your car insurance changed since you last checked? (lease/finance)

Could be because of Florida? Recent history has a lot of floating cars there monthly event every year.
Even if you never had an accident you have a high probability of your car turning into a submarine in that state

1 Like

Cost to repair or replace your car is a big driver of premium, and we all know those costs have been going through the roof over past 2 years. But another big portion of your premium that most people donā€™t think about is 3rd party liability coverage (BI & PD) - this can be really useful expensive in a state like Florida that is extremely litigious. Also PIP and UM coverages that cover your medical costs.

1 Like

state farm has always been more expensive for me. try progressive, AAA, or Farm Bureau.

1 Like

The 21 year old + Florida is why. Almost 50% of drivers in Florida in certain metros have no insurance at all. This is to make up for that.

1 Like

Yes and this is pitiful. There should be very harsh penalties for this IMO.

1 Like

Just discovered a pretty neat hack about Geico. If you own Berkshire stock you get 8% discount on your insurance. And apparently all you need to do is call and tell them.

5 Likes

Me tomorrow
Bored Call Me GIF by Aardman Animations

4 Likes

How do they verify if you own the stock?

James Franco Flirt GIF

2 Likes

My understanding is that they donā€™t, but you can technically buy fractional shares and be considered a shareholder.

1 Like

ā€œIā€™ll take $.01 of Berkshire pleaseā€

3 Likes

They ask you if youā€™re a stockholder when inputting info for a quote

I believe you send them a screenshot of your brokerage account or s/t like that

1 Like

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42674110/kia-hyundai-lawsuit-insurers-stolen-vehicles/

Thieves are now stealing airbags from parked cars?

I guess that would help offset the 30% premium increase :man_facepalming: - I do wish I knew about this though as I had them for 5-6 yrs until last fall.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43608313/aaa-insurance-easily-stolen-hyundais/

This has been happening in detroit for years. Especially with chevy malibuā€™s. Takes a thief <30 seconds to smash the window and take the entire steering wheel

Currently paying $200/mo in Los Angeles for a CX5. 100/300/100 with everything in it.

2 drivers, 29yo. Short driving experience (foreign).

Any suggestions? I tried shopping around and everything coming north of $300+/mo.

I would flip my lease for something nicer (hello EQS), but I am just scared as fuck of what an EQS policy would cost with me as driver. Donā€™t want to pay a second car to my insurerā€¦

Any recs of brokers for SoCal would be appreciated

try AAA and the state farm bureau for cheaper rates.

I keep getting older, no accidents . No tickets since 2014. Yet, USAA and Allstate kept raising my rates.
So far Progressive has been descent, but it seems that keeps albiet slowly, going up sometimes in small tine increments.

1 Like