How low (% below msrp) can I negotiate a 2021 toyota corolla in december 2020?

Set a reasonable, but aggressive target. Reach out to as many dealers as it takes to find someone that’ll do your deal.

2 Likes

I spoke to many dealers today. im still working on my negotiation skills but this the only deal i could get so far. i called 5 dealerships…

What is your target price? What is your target price based on?

im just trying to go as low as possible tbh lol.

atleast the 1% rule. so $200 or less on the monthly with less than 2k due at lease which i got ~$1500 so far

i read through all the leasehacker 101 tools. still soaking everything in but alot of good info… enough for me to set up this template.

I’d recommend setting a real target based on actual info rather than setting your targets based on hopes, dreams, and BS percentage rules that tell you nothing.

1 Like

Forget the 1% rule.

Forget the Corolla LE.

Forget anything from Toyota or Mazda that wants to charge you $500-800 for something that everyone else offers for free (GAP).

1 Like

my negotiated selling price is based on a bunch of dealership current prices on their website for the corolla 2021 LE and good/fair price estimations on edmunds as well.

since theyre literally brand new, idk where else i can go to negotiate any lower that will back up my support on negotiating it lower than im asking.

its not like theyre sitting lots like some luxury cars do, corollas always sell a bunch.

Comparable deals and broker offers here are a much better place to establish a pre-incentive discount target on.

1 Like

broker dealers?? where do i locate them?? and how do I approach that over the phone?

like “oh i spoke with a broker offering X monthly lease based on the a pre incentive selling price at X… can you match?”

The marketplace threads here is a good place to go, as is the link posted above.

Personally, I don’t negotiate over the phone. I do everything over email. I tell the dealer the price I’m willing to do and that if they accept my price, I’ll be there in an hour to sign. If they say no, I move on. There are many threads here on negotiation strategies.

1 Like

oh wow over email? interesting. and in regards to the price do you mean the selling price your willing to negotiate the monthly over? and do you spill everything in one email, sort of straight to the point to not waste time? such as including the mf, rv etc?

i really appreciate the quick responses… def a life saver.

I break everything out. I have had better luck with that. Others prefer to just state the monthly/das amount. What’s ultimately most important is that you’re targeting a reasonable number and that you’re clear about your seriousness in moving forward should they accept your offer.

Also, if you’re going to break everything out, you better be damn sure you have all your numbers right or your offer is going straight to the trashcan.

2 Likes

guys i just want to say after a few hours of negotiating, i finally got an INCREDIBLE deal (i think) from toyota for a corolla LE

$1,242 due at lease signing
183.48/month with GAP
39 months 10k miles

thanks @mllcb42 for drilling me that i should take a few steps back to research more. let me know what you think.

What was the pre-incentive discount?

@Partyhat I’m curious as well what was the pre incentive discount?

actually got another deal for $178 w gap per month. $1242 due at lease signing
Selling price after incentives 19000 flat she said.

thinking about going with this deal

Does the math work out for that to be correct given the current lease programs?

Does it not make sense to buy? I see some 0% for 60 months offer in my area.

i get $209 based off my calculations. so idk how they got to as low as $178.