How is this Alfa deal?

I am in New York and hoping to get an Alfa Giulia
I am getting 36/10, fees and taxes.
Giulia base AWD + cold weather + sunroof + 18 wheels (MSRP $45,700)
$379/mo. $3200 DAS

When I use the calculator for other base pricing offers on the forums, I get very close to this, suggesting this is a decent deal.

How does this sound?

Are you shopping based off monthly payment alone? Or have you actually confirmed things like MF,RV from edmunds and reached out to multiple dealers for start?

Good news- plenty of Alfa Romeo posts here to help you! Bad news- that “offer” is not good/too high!

I have verified MF and RV based on edmunds. I am not sure of the rebates applied to this offer, but given the MF/RV/sticker price and monthly payments, I am getting about 11% off MSRP pre-rebates, and estimated (based on the above info and the calculator) 20.6% off MSRP after rebates.

Not good. I know inventory is limited now during COVID but 11% on a base Giulia is a no go. I know that pre-covid good base Giulia deals were around 19-20% off pre-incentive. I’d think at least 15% to pull the trigger on one? Anyone please feel free to correct me. Also look into going through Ally, often their programs are more aggressive than Chrysler Capital.

Thanks for the tip on Ally. When I look at posted deals over the past 3 months, I don’t see the %s you suggest, but I put some calls out and waiting to hear.

To put this in perspective, another dealer’s offer was at $448/mo for the Ti with MSRP of 50k.

haven’t been keeping track of Alfa deals much to be honest, its possible you’re close to what’s possible right now & Alfa dealers just want to hold onto cars. Just at that price compared to say a 330i demo, the Giulia is a tough one. Another note, that DAS looks high, get a breakdown of what it contains to make sure there’s no big down payment.

Those deals were on left over 2019 inventory. Alfa Romeo reinvested in a slight refresh of the 2020 models to introduce better materials.

I noticed the discounts on 2020 Alfa’s have been significantly lower compared to the 2019s.

I’m thinking there’s less trunk money on the cars.

3 Likes

The das includes doc, registration, 1st month and all tax.

1 Like

You’re 100% right, I didn’t even realize that’s what my frame of reference was. Disregard my prior advice, I need to brush up on my Alfa knowledge.

Yep, 2019s vs 2020 infotainment got an update, but I’ve yet to hear stunning owner reviews outside of the driving experience,

Is this your first deal from this dealership? Or did it take some negotiating to arrive where you currently are at? I would first confirm if you are actually getting the 11% pre-rebates then attempt to push for a bit higher (unless dealer wont budge). Get all your details and attempt to recreate in calculator to help out. Also, how many Alfa dealers are in your area?

This was not the original deal. I have 5 dealers in decently drive-able distance (less than 1.5 hours). I am reaching out to several of them as this thread evolves, but I don’t suspect any action today. In going through similar deals in the forum, I thought the original deal above wasn’t too bad, so I figured to ask the car gurus (pun intended).

5 dealers in your area is definitely an advantage, as mentioned before push for a higher pre-incentive and attempt to minimize your DAS, see who wants to play ball (although in today’s market it can be hard)

1 Like

Follow up question: How important is it that I get this deal done with before the end of the month? This would leave me with 3 days to get my numbers (ducks?) in a row, which can be rather complicated given the extended work schedule.

Nobody knows. Incentives/MF/RV could get worse, better, or stay the same.

1 Like

It says “NY” on the tags … so if you haven’t talked to them yet, check out Gold Coast Alfa Romeo … I sent 1 emails, they came back with the best offer right away, fully detailed out, taxes and fees explained, rebates used, etc. I didn’t sign because they wouldn’t play ball with my trade, but other than that it was a very good experience and if I had to get one now, I’d go to them (I’m in NJ, so same situation: plenty of dealers in a 50mi range)

1 Like

Message Justin Sutton alfa Romeo Erie. He will take care of you.

@Justin_Sutton, answered my questions via text, definitely give him a shout.

1 Like

They would roll in the $3200 into the $379 per month