How is this 2019 CX-5 Touring Deal?

I’m shopping around for a compact or cross over SUV in the under 300$ range (with taxes included and 0$ down).
My 1st stop was at the local mazda dealer to check out the CX-5 Touring. Here is the quote I received without any negotiations as a first attempt. Looks terrible compared to what others got a for a similar deal based on this forum.

The breakdown
Model: 2019 CX-5 Touring w/ Preferred package AWD
MSRP: 31030$
Dealer Discount: 1755$
Sale Price: 29,275$
Lease term : 36 months/10K miles
Down payment: 0$
Total due at signing: 0$
Monthly payment: 397$

Is this deal any good? The discount on MSRP seems pretty low around 5.6%
How much should I aim for?
I called up another dealer in the area and they quoted 380$ per month with 0$ DAS for same car.

Here’s the calculator

Hey! If you are in the NorthEast I can definitely help you out. I snagged someone a CX-5 Touring for about $100 less per month.

1 Like

I’m in the North West (WA state)

The spread between MSRP and Invoice on a Mazda is just not that high, which limits how strong the deals can be. I’ve heard the Mazda dealers down around Tacoma (Milam, South Tacoma) are pretty competitive for the PNW, but still not amazingly so - @Mfizzy or @jamiemose have both shopped Mazda relatively recently.

That said, a couple other things are working against you:
(1) The PNW market is just not super competitive.

(2) Registration and tax here is very high - depending where you are (e.g. if you’re in or around Seattle), tax on a lease can be as high as 10.5% and annual registration will run around $500 on a car like this for the first year.

2 Likes

@28firefighter is on point with these comments. Sadly, the best discount I was able to reach off MSRP was about 8.x%. This was after using text/phone/email to negotiate with four local Mazda dealers in the Seattle area.

@1pcnt for comparison with your deal, I was working on the exact same vehicle except Grand Touring, not just Touring. With an MSRP of $34,515, the best offer I had was $380/month true zero DAS and Mazda was picking up the first month for me.

This was in late June so perhaps MF, incentives etc are different now.

Thanks to @jamiemose’s recommendation, I found the two dealerships around Tacoma to be very easy to work with via email (including negotiations).

Good luck!

1 Like

Do you mind sharing your lease calculator so I can compare numbers?

Sure, I can re-run the calculator a bit later. Here was my personal thread on this:

This is pretty much the deal from Milam Mazda on the dark blue:

Same I’ve experienced trying to buy a mid size SUV. Went from Mazda, to XC60, RX350, loaner X3’s, this area (Olympia, Tacoma and Seattle) is horrible price wise compared to the South. Luckily I will be leaving soon (military). Anyone comes across a good deal let me know.