How does leasing works if you get it shipped from out of state

thats my concern. It’ll be my first time registering anything at DMV so if the dealer can take care of it, that’ll be awesome. Not sure if i can take time off or even ready for a road trip to LA right now.

I got these quotes from the clutch. Now tricky thing is that my credit is brand new and only 710. Is that eligible for Tier 1 or not ? And wondering if leasing is the right choice given my new/non existant credit history here in US.

Louisiana:

Arizona:

Seattle area resident here - welcome! Have only leased out of state in Oregon and the dealer dealt with the DOL stuff for me. As others have said, especially right now, buying locally is a very expensive proposition.

I believe @Clutch’s dealers use a title and tag service that will handle this for you, but he can confirm. If you’re in Seattle expect tags to run 750-900 depending on your MSRP because of a 1.1% regional transit tax we have on vehicle registration. Expect sales tax on the monthly to be 10.3-10.6% depending upon where exactly in the metro area you are. Bonkers, I know. But hey, no income tax!

Regarding your credit, I think some of the major finance companies offer tier 1 rates to those new to the US with proper visa documentation/green card/citizenship and proof of employment. Perhaps see if that’s something clutch’s dealers can inquire with Chrysler capital on? They may also offer a tier bump right now as an incentive.

Worst case if leasing doesn’t work now, you can open an account with a local credit union and finance a new/used car purchase through them to start building your credit history.

There’s a bunch of us here from Seattle, but feel free to PM if you have questions as you get settled or need help navigating the area!

1 Like

oh man. I was literally searching DMV registration fees and credit union finance rates. It does put me a in a pickle. I am trying to build credit and also find an affordable car for my daily commute.

There’s a few you can check with here - Verity and BECU are two very big ones around here with solid rates. Rule of thumb for DOL fees in King County is $180 tag fee + 1.1% of MSRP + $250 EV fee (for electric only cars, if applicable).

I think there is a good chance you could get approved on a Jeep lease with proof of employment but someone with better knowledge of CCAP is probably better suited on that one.

1 Like

Score of 710 mostly fall under Tier 1.
But score is not the only thing they look at.
They look at your earning and how much debt you have plus any prior auto financing in your history.
Normally you can get the answers in a day or 2 once you let them run the credit pull. Once you finalize on the car you want and the payments you can afford then give them the social security number if you have one. Not sure how they check your credit if you don’t have a SS number.

I will check out verity and BECU. I have only heard about DCU so far tbh. I hope approval is not an issue my job is pretty stellar.

I dont have any debt. I am on work visa so got local SSN. Lets see how long immigration process takes. Hopefully being a Canadian i wont have to wait for ages to be a permanent here.

DCU is great, just not local - online credit union. Would work fine too.

If you dont mind sharing. What are the trims / specs for these Jeeps?
Welcome to WA!

Just basic Jeep Rubicon 4xe with both safety and advanced safety group along with cold weather package.

There are several brands with programs for “foreign executives” or people in the US in a visa, one I found in a quick search

so what happens at the end of the lease? do you have to ship it back to the state you got the car from and pay another $900?

Thanks @jeisensc. Will definitely check it out.

I believe so.

You can service and return your lease at any dealership nationwide

1 Like

Don’t return a lease without checking whether there is any equity in trading it in.

Welcome to USA again, you can return it to any local dealer who wants it.
Some don’t by the way, in 2019 NO ONE wanted a Chrysler car return including the selling dealer! haha.

Fast forward to 2022, everyone wants your car.

Well, they had the K car, after all!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.