How does Audi compete with Mercedes or BMW if they lease so badly?

Audi Rs and true amg (ie 63/65) lease horribly.

Some of audi’s “S” lines lease relatively well- specifically the s4 and sq5.

I think the only amg “lite” car that leases reasonably well is the c43 sedan.

RS5 lease like crap. Abhorrent deals.

There are two major sales strategies in pretty much of all kinds of industries . You either go after revenue ( by pricing low ) or you go after “gross” profit ( by pricing high). It seems Audi’s strategy is the latter whereas others have been the former. Both methods work and companies often change from one to another across different product segments . I have some educated opinions ( I do this for living in my current line of work ) based on my observations mostly but i am too lazy to write a long post now.

According to this website Audi leases horribly, which makes me wonder how they can compete with the other luxury brands. Has it always been this way?

Some people do the unimaginable and actually buy them (crazy concept, huh?) :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Some people also just likes Audis more than BMW and MB and are willing to pay the premium. How many times do we see a poster here say that they have to get something that satisfies their partner, regardless of cost?

And most people don’t read this forum. :wink:

1 Like

Sounds disgusting…

Except Audi’s don’t always lease badly. MF on audi is usually lower than BMW and come standard with more equipment such as leather, Apple Car Play, all wheel drive (except A4), and non run flat tires. BMW service loaners are where most the unicorns come from. Really depends on the month and model you are looking at. Just my two cents.

1 Like

You asked this question twice. You really have a dislike for audi?

5 Likes

The hate is strong with this one. I went from BMW to Audi :exploding_head::crazy_face:

2 Likes

I lease a $44k Audi for less than 1%. There are deals to be found.

Also, Audi just generally has more standard equipment for the price. For example, all Audis have real leather and sunroof has standard equipment.

I’m at 1.03%(including tax) with Audicare on a Q5. Works for me. Best of all…No Run Flat Tires or paying to use Apple Car Play.

I thought they sucked if you’re looking for performance. Or you’re saying you are glad you don’t have them?

Glad i don’t have them. They ride like crap and if you go over potholes it sounds like a bomb goes off. They are also $200 a pop when they wear out at 15k - 20k miles.

that sucks, I just got P7s run flats.

to me its not that audi lease badly, it’s that bmws typically lease well . i remember around 10 years ago bmw got a tiny slap on the wrist for the massive writedowns they were doing on losses from overinflated residuals. I think they had to stop doing it for a nanosecond then went back to doing it.

1 Like

Audi used to lease " badly" , but as they increased production, they are leasing much better as compared to before , not as good as BMW , but sometimes better than MB
the only line from Audi that leases badly is the RS
sample leases
RS3 65 k lease around 1300 a month
RS5 93 k lease around 1600 a month

I think the newer runflats are supposed to be better than the old ones (which really were horrible when you went over a potholes). Newer ones are still not as good as a normal tires, though, IMHO.

It’s a cost to consider when leasing a BMW. You get a loaner with 4,800 miles on it and the tire life is already 30% done. Not easy to find used ones either.

P7s seem rougher, but I hear that gets better once they wear in. They handle better than my oem Hankook. Since high end luxury brands like BMW use them, my optima is now the ultimate driving machine :grin:

1 Like