How do Volvo incentives and A-Plan work?

I do! Heads up, there are some v60ccs at Lehman that are ex loaners.

1 Like

Are you saying Volvo retail employees aren’t normal? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for clarifying.

They are gods, of course.

1 Like

How about this approach. Just say you have a trade in worth $10K. What if the dealer gave you an elevated trade in value of $12K. They wouldn’t go below invoice with A-Plan, but you get a larger discount via inflated trade in value.

Any holes in this approach?

I seem to recall a-plan having a specific clause about inflated trade values. I could be thinking of something else though

That’s not allowed. @Ursus posted this previously.

2 Likes

Well there we go

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know if A-Plan by Volvo discounts can be combined with other incentives and discounts?

Thanks,

Yes, they can, however, they can’t be combined with a discount over around 6%, so it usually costs more money to use a plan then to not.

1 Like

Did something change with A Plan and how it can be used in discounting? I feel like I’ve seen more broker Volvo deals that mention A Plan?

I’m also hoping to clarify the official rules. When we say that dealers can’t go below invoice price, that is before manufacturer-to-dealer incentives, right?

e.g. Hypothetically, if Invoice on a model is 40,000, but there is $3,500 in Dealer cash, they could show a selling price of $36,500 Before any additional customer rebates (e.g. Loyalty + APlan), right?

So the thought is that on some models, you can negotiate far enough below the Invoice - Dealer incentive price ($36,500 in this example) to make it more than the A-Plan bonus would get you?

Yes, the a plan numbers are pre-incentive.

On most models, one can negotiate a larger pre-incentive discount than a-plan with the bonus added.

I noticed the A-Plan discount says its extended to immediate family members in the same household, but the dealer mentioned the A-Plan eligible employee needed to have the lease in their name to qualify. My wife is eligible, but I’m not.

Can anyone clarify?

She’s the one who generates the pin under her name, so she needs to be on the lease.

Always been same household/spouse for me and worked fine.

1 Like

You know better :slightly_smiling_face:

You always make me second guess anything volvo related but I am sure on this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This actually makes sense because you can generate 2 pins per year, so would be strange to require that pin holder is on both cars.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, but, you can teach a bear about A Plan.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll claim that I probably just forgot due to the 2 years of inactivity lol