How do I get out of a lease early without much damage

My wife has a 2021 bronco sport big bend on a 39 month lease term. She wants out early, it ends December 2024.

What’s the easiest way to get out of this without having negative equity.

The buy out at the moment for dealers or 3rd party is extremely high (32-33k) and buy out for us is 25k. The offers that I have received are 19-22k.

You go down this list and see who will give you good money.
Do not say it’s a lease

Then take that number to a Ford Dealer and ask them or take it to a Big Box Dealer like autonation.

But if it is 19-22, you are well underwater.then SWAPALEASE is the way to go. Just make sure the buyer isn’t borderline or you will still be on the lease.

1 Like

What does borderline mean?

6XX credit rating usually…means they might not pay the car so Ford holds you responsible.

Really? Even if the lease is transferred over? Amazing. Lol

Does Ford allow 3rd party buy outs? C&D article says that there is partial or complete restriction:
https://www.caranddriver.com/auto-loans/a44063803/another-dealership-buy-out-lease/#

Typically Ford Motor Credit allows Ford dealers to buy out the vehicle, and even then I think their is some last 90 days or so restriction. Obv it still has to financially make sense.

3 Likes

Will these companies buy the lease out even if I’m over the total allowed mileage or will ask me to pay it to the financing company?

Always re-confirm with FMC, last I knew it was 120 days

1 Like

You are probably correct. I knew it was either 90 or 120.

In my head it was 150, why I searched. But all that “you can buy it until X days prior and third parties can by Y days prior” are post-covid changes, they were not a thing with either of my Ford leases - always good to confirm. If nothing has changed, a third party should be able to buy for OP’s payoff.

1 Like

Sorry I’m pretty new to this, but how would that work?

Someone who wants to buy your Ford could potentially :point_up_2:t2:(edit: I’m seeing this still says no, check with Ford if this is still the case, I thought we had an update)

You can check if any buying services are interested :point_down:t2:

If FMC isn’t allowing 3rd party purchases, you can buy it and resell it to one of them.

1 Like

And put OP another 4k in the hole? Buying incurs taxes.

Don’t listen to our forum’s resident broken clock.

These are FMCC’s lease transfer requirements

https://www.ford.com/finance/customer-support/account-management/how-can-i-transfer-my-vehicle-and-account-obligations-to-someone-else/

@trusted_hackrs
Please forward to the admins, as I’m getting pretty tired of the attacks.