How do I even refute this? (Being the idiot that I am)

Looking at negotiating a lease on an A4 and dealer is staying firm at 6.1% off MSRP.

Claims it would be stupid of them to go more because there is only a 5% margin of profit on the model.

There has to be more profit in it for them, no?

At this point, I just move on, right?

Say, “No problem, I will contact ‘fill in the blank Audi dealer down the road’, it seems like I saw online they had some good specials this month.” And then proceed to call the other dealer and get a quote on a specific stock number vehicle.

That’s just a negotiating tactic the dealer uses. They want you to think they won’t make good $ so you will bite. Got to keep negotiating yourself or ask a broker if limited in time.

1 Like

The other tip is to quit negotiating with the sales guy. You need to be in E-mail contact with somebody (a manager) who can cut you a deal.

Negotiate by E-mail. don’t step in the store until you have the price and the deal you want.

2 Likes

This is in e-mail, but definitely not with the sales manager.

get a broker and find out how low the area dealers will go. you’re in kentucky, might have to find some out of state dealers in your area to play ball

I have the same problem dealing with sales reps – I gotta stop negotiating with reps and go straight to the manager

How many dealers have you gotten quotes from? I suggest you get quotes from ALL of them

The couple I have are all coming in around 6%.

Keep getting quotes and grind back and forth with all the dealers or contact a broker. In general the Audi’s don’t lease all that great

Also, I believe certain packages lease better than others.

This comment is it as far as I know…read it again and start to modify your thinking and you will win out. Ignore it and you will get screwed.

You need to shop around more

Keep shopping. You can do better.

I got 2 Audis over the last two month, including an A4 and both were around 11% off MSRP. Call more dealers or start looking at other similar cars from other manufacturers. Never step foot in a dealership until they are at 9-10% off MSRP. If they sense you have to get the A4 or are in a rush you are screwed and subsidizing our deals

2 Likes

You are not in a region that is known the whore out cars like the West/East Coast, so I am not surprised your local dealers are holding firm at 5-6% off MSRP since that is about invoice on an Audi. There is trunk money on most Audis, but if they are not volume dealers they have little incentive to give you that money since it will not come from other deals and revenue streams.

You will have better luck calling a few dealers in the Chicagoland region or if you do not mind traveling, try either the East or the West coast.

1 Like