How did you find Leasehackr and why did you stay?

I heard about it from a retarded GM. Very demented constantly telling sales force how fleeting and unnecessary we were. IMHO he was a bipolar psychotic misanthrope! So typical of a abusive and toxic industry.

3 Likes

MYFICOFORUM

Great site for those interested in credit - LH came up in posts where people were looking for deals on leasing.

Love this site - has it all - newbies, hardened veterans, thin skinned, thick skinned, trolls ā€¦

2 Likes

Oh wow, I remember that site, was pretty good and if I remember correctly they had the MF/RV values as well for a lot of cars making the process easier.

Found LH while searching for ways to get out of a Jaguar lease, stayed because of the banter and broker deals which helped multiple members of the family, as well as myself, get into cars for a hell of a lot cheaper than if we went at it ourselves.

1 Like

Through an AcuraZine topic. I was on that board researching the refreshed TLX A-Spec and a member had provided a link to LH. I had general knowledge of leases, how to calculate, the MF, etc. but this place took my knowledge to another level. @nyclife was a huge help to me landing a very good (for an Acura) deal and Iā€™ve stayed around to learn more and help when and where I could. None of my leases since joining are on the level of the 4xe, Camaro, or Bolt. One was for a vehicle you literally canā€™t miss on (Tacoma) and the other (RDX) was great for the current environment and I credit the wealth of information here to help craft offers that have helped minimize negotiations and get the best deal I could no matter the vehicle.

Ironically my best lease hack was before I joined when I leased my 2014 A4 P+. It was for a low demand unit (manual, black/black) that was on the lot for months. They were desperate to unload it and the initial offer was great. It got better when the F&I manager suggested MSDs to lower the payment further, a concept I was unfamiliar with, and worked with the SM to shave a bit more off the sale price. So I pretty much stumbled onto a lease hack w/o even knowing it, hahaha.

4 Likes

I found LH by being one of those schmucks that wanted to see how I did on a lease after signing. I didnā€™t do good, but I did use the information from this site to get out of the lease minimally by selling to Vroom. I also used @Jrouleau426 to get a Tacoma when I needed a vehicle quick. When Tundra mania was going on I used the information from here to get me a great deal on one. Now Iā€™ve sold the Tundra to Carvana from watching that thread. Glad I found the site and stuck around for to keep learning.

3 Likes

Found it by googling edmunds mf/residual for a vehicle, stayed for the memes.

I think it was that Bmw m3 vinwiki video. Finally decided to join forum today.

1 Like

@littleviolette @michael

First of all, I want to say thank you for creating this awesome site. I take it that at least one of you is a software engineer. Iā€™m currently doing TypeScript + React + Graphql, but at such a large company that I donā€™t get to be so creative with css or anything else for that matter. Itā€™s really amazing how well your site runs on Ember.js (Iā€™m assuming that itā€™s Ember from source, but maybe Iā€™m wrong), and there is so much creativity on the site. Also, congrats on the ads! Iā€™ve noticed an uptick on ads. Hopefully, you guys make some money!

I found leasehackr when I was looking for a replacement for my $137/mo Chevy Spark that I found on slickdeals. My first posts were the same as everyone elseā€™s - ā€œHelp me find a deal on a lease. No I havenā€™t done any research.ā€. But I have learned so much from everyone here. I have hacked two deals myself, but Iā€™ve also used the brokers and dealers on here for great deals. I still come here to just see whatā€™s going on and pass on any deals to friends and co-workers.

I think they get a little intimidated when they first come onto this site. The first thing that people ask when they come to this site is, ā€œHelp me get a good deal on a leaseā€. And they are typically greeted with passive-aggressive hostility. There is definitely a learning curve to using leasehackr forums. Most of my coworkers are well paid, so when they do encounter hostility, they just kind of say ā€œscrew itā€, and just buy whatever they want with cash, paying MSRP (even before the chip shortage). Personally, I find it fun getting deals, so I use leasehackr and slickdeals religiously. If my wife let me get multiple cars, I would have an E-Tron ($369/mo), Leaf S($69/mo), and an Ionic EV Limited ($89/mo) - deals from Feb-Apri - and I would still be paying less than what I would pay if I financed something without knowing about leasehackr.

3 Likes

Who remembers ridewithg? I had leased a car or two before I found that site, but it got me serious about finding deals. If I remember correctly the site either shut down or went into zombie mode so I started looking for other leasing sites and ended up here. I reached peak leasing for me with my 2017 340 deal. I check back in from time to time to see whatā€™s leasing well, but I bought my wifeā€™s car and about to pull the trigger on a used car for myself as well. Maybe when deals are sweet again Iā€™ll lease again but for now Iā€™m buying.

3 Likes

I found this site through a YouTube channel about 2-3 years ago, but I canā€™t remember whoā€™s channel it was on. Never regretted it!

1 Like

I donā€™t remember exactly what it was but I think the straw that broke the camelā€™s back at RideWithG had something to do with Infiniti/Nissan cracking down on some of the sales/broker sources that were contributing on the forums. But, Edmunds kept going strong. Do you remember the Infiniti g35 18 month leases? The BMW, Infiniti, and Nissan forums at Edmunds were crazy back then. Trying to figure out the real RV for a Toyota was a challenge.

2 Likes

Cracked down themselves into irrelevancy thatā€™s for sure. Just one in a series of brilliant management decisions over there.

1 Like

I kept posting the link to their calculator here for couple of years, after they went dormant.

2 Likes

Found it through a post on SlickDeals. Might have been for the outgoing Prius at the time in 2015. Not nearly as active as I used to be but I am still here. Interesting to see the consumers who keep the dealers in business

3 Likes

I wonder if I was the one who pointed you here? It definitely could have been. I loved the slickdeals lease threads, the comments were so misguided.

1 Like

Must have googled some lease related question to get here but donā€™t remember. Stayed because just always interested in current deals and trends.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always been purchase & drive 'till the wheels fall off person but cars arenā€™t built to last anymore. Final straw was the transmission failed on our Honda Odyssey less than a year after paying off the damn thing for 5 years. Someone here shared a $200/mo, $0 DAS on 2016 Kia Optima EX with Tech deal and now Iā€™m addicted to the site :grinning:

2 Likes

I was long time lurker on this forum and genuinely wanted to understand how to lease hack. It wasnā€™t until 2020 when I actually made an account due to uncertain times and wanted to engage with the community. I believe this forum empowers the consumer with the tools they need to navigate to financial literacy.

Plus, its always a bonus to drive a $60k+ car with such a low payment while my neighbor could never! (unless theyre on this forum :sweat_smile::crazy_face:)

4 Likes

I came looking for lease deals. I canā€™t remember how I found the site thoughā€¦ I think it was through youtubeā€¦ shoot, I wish I could remember.

I stayed for the constant brutal cage match of wits as an audience member.

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes