How can I secure the best incentives in this situation?

I have a Ford car that I am basically ready to close on but new incentives come out Monday. Is it unrealistic for me to ask if there is a way to secure the car but take advantage of new incentives in a few days if they end up being better than this month? It has been my only hold up and I hate the idea of signing for this car and see that a few days later incentives go up by a few thousand. If they don’t though, I’m comfortable signing with this month’s incentives as well.

Any suggestions? Is this something that my sales guy can work his way around? I wanted to see what you guys think first

I dont think anyone is going to know what type of incentives will be coming out next month. If you have a strong deal sign, otherwise you may regret ‘hoping’ for better incentives. Its the end of the month, push for a better deal and maybe you will get it, maybe not. Depends on if your dealer is trying to hit a number but im sure you’ll be able to tell…

Well, yes I’m well aware that nobody except for corporate knows the incentives that are to come. I just wanted to see if I can get the best of both worlds basically. So if there is better incentives next month then I could finalize things on Monday and if incentives end up better/the same this month then I already would have taken advantage of it.

I believe once they change, thats it. You cant just say I want last months instead. I get wanting to have both of best but unfortunately it does not work that way

Since all we can do is speculate here, could you give us the context of the vehicle you are trying to get? Is it low demand model or say an expedition / explorer that you are speculating will get a few thousand more in incentives?

Sure! This is a ford expedition. I am getting $5300 in incentives this month.

On a side note, I again want to re-emphasize that I don’t expect anyone to have any idea of incentives to come.