How attractive does my incentive need to be to get out of my lease?

I have a 2019 C300 Coupe I leased a few months ago, and while I do like it, and can make the payments, there’s quite a bit of leaser’s remorse hanging over me. I have my car posted here on Private Lease Transfers and on swapalease.com. There have been several views on both, but no activity, comments, or offers. I can’t tell if the incentive is insufficient, if I’m missing some details, or if I’m just in a bad market. Just looking for some insight as to what I might do to increase my chances of finding someone to take this car off my hands. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think the market for coupes is very big. IMO your payment with incentive is attractive given that these things lease like crap, but it might take a bit to find a coupe buyer.

Have you gotten quotes from carvana etc to find out if you can get out from it for less than your incentive is?

1 Like

The best offer I can get is from Vroom at $36.5k, about $10k short of what I need, and double the incentive I’m offering. Thanks for the feedback, though. I really appreciate it.

Note to self: Go for a sedan next time. :persevere:

Your car is beautiful and IMO the payment is very reasonable, C coupes have very poor residuals. This is substantially less than someone walking into an MB dealer would be quoted at. Be patient and wait for the right buyer to come along. I have waited months on selling ‘unique’ cars because the audience is so limited.

Maybe try Facebook marketplace too?

2 Likes

It’s sharp looking car, seems like you want out bad with a $3500 incentive. What’s done is done, just enjoy the car, throwing $3500 is just making it a worse deal for you. (But can always keep the posting up)

2 Likes

another $1k if you want it gone sooner but as others have said, try to wait it out.

2 Likes