How am I doing here? - An 2019 Audi S4 for $650?

I’m not saying you are. All I’m saying is people act like msd is free money and it’s not. For me that $6k would be invested if not in.l a car. So 8% is ok but not great. On a Toyota you could be getting a 20% ROI. In that case it makes sense 100% of the time.

He may be doing so, but I agree with him 100%. Anyone leasing a $60k vehicle shouldn’t have any problem making the corresponding security deposit.

There was a long discussion on this a week ago, and factoring in the minimal risk, and no tax liability, you are wrong about msd.

1 Like

Where can I find a list of places to earn 8% tax-free with virtually zero risk?

4 Likes

Look I wasn’t trying to spark an argument. Everyone’s situation is different. I was just saying I think people are quick to comment with “add full MSDs!” I’ve seen people do it on rates below 1%.

Regarding this deal. Considering the terrible residual, I think it looks decent.

Why settle for decent when you can go for excellent?

Let me know if you can get this S4 for $550, ill take one also!

1 Like

Depending on the mf, one doesn’t necessarily need to max out the security deposits. The key is to do as many allowable that would reduce the mf to the lowest amount possible. If the interest rate is already low, than maybe only a few security deposits are needed, in which the total deposit is less. It’s all relative. In either instance, it always makes financial sense if the mf allows for it.

One other point re: MSDs—-

If one is planning on a swap, the lack of MSDs may help. Many people looking to take over a lease don’t understand the benefit and it is viewed the same as money down. In short, they may rather pay 30 bucks more a month rather than come up with $3K. I’m not saying that makes sense, but I believe it is a reality for swaps at large (swapalease, leasetrader, etc).

True, except you’re still on the hook on swaps from VW/Audi so that’s unlikely.

Yeah…VW stinks in that regard.

If you haven’t already, try @AudiGuan for S4 deals.

1% deals on S4s can definitely be done.

I got quoted 499 a month(loyalty) and 4266 down out in NY

So with loyalty you’re at an effective payment of around 620. Not a bad deal.

1 Like

It’s “only $40 a month” lol…

That’s almost $500 a year, and a savings of 25% on the MSDs over 3 years. $6k/$1.5k - explain to me how that doesn’t make sense and point me to where I can get a better guaranteed return on that $6k. TIA.

I am not sure if I am late to the party, but just got Quoted this… S4 Premium (only)
MSRP: $54,650
Adjusted Selling Price: $43,185
MF : .00067
Residual : 50% (Audi Care included)
DAS: 1,500
12K miles
Monthly: $599.00 tax included
Are they marking up MF ??? (I guess right? what should be the correct monthly for this figures? (Florida dealer with the crazy Doc fee and stuff )

I use this app to find or check MF when its not clearly stated. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrew.carleaseboss of course tho there’s the leasehackr calculator too. Deal looks better than mine! I was quoted 900 for an S4 Prem+. Is that selling price before or after incentives?

vhooloo crystal balls sez boycott Audis. Read the recent thread about Audi total loss and insurance payouts :slight_smile:

What thread are you referencing here?