Horrible market for X5 lease?

Trying to stomach paying up for X5 lease, best offers on marketplace in SoCal for $75k MSRP is 950 with 3K DAS 39/7500

I tried to talk myself into an iX or EQS but I can’t get over the styling.

How bad is this market for an X5 lease? Financing it is not attractive for me for tax purposes.

Should I try to talk myself into any other mid size SUVs that are leasing better? I saw some XC90 leases that were more attractive, but have never been in one and not sure how it compares

1 Like

I have Lexus RX with strong deals for the rest of March if you’d take that

How is the market horrible , everyone is offering like 8-10% off on these. It’s a high volume car and in a ton of demand. Leasing doesn’t always make sense over financing

2 Likes

Money factors from 3 years ago were much lower and incentives were higher. Discounts are pretty much same on newer units and builds. If you really need to lease for tax purposes, why not go for a previous MY demo / loaner units ?

1 Like

To add to what has already been said, the MSRP of most cars has gone up since 2020/2021. So even with an 8 to 10% discount, you are not going to see any great lease deals if the manufacturer is not incentivizing leasing.

1 Like

I agree. don’t find them attractive at all… even at the “great payments for the MSRP”. I’d burn more money to drive something else.

1 Like

That’s actually a good deal for an X5. Not sure when the last time you leased a car was but a lot has changed over the years. The discounts are good but the rates are not. Also, the downward demand on the EV’s has created the inverse effect on the ICE cars. So, many people are willing to pony up the premium for an X5 over the iX, and that doesn’t help your cause. But even so, $950 on a $75k MSRP is a relatively good deal.

Gotta pay to play in 2024

It is likely safer to say that the MSRP of all cars has increased, magnified since COVID. :cry:

along with nearly everything else, but lets try to stay on topic lol

2 Likes

I’ll take an EQS for $400/month. As for the IX, that grill is a big turn off.

2 Likes

I was trying to determine what my actual number would be. :laughing: The EV-only is a big negative for me, so I’m biased (as are most). I’d probably dabble in the $3xx’s.

I will give you that the EQS is better than the IX I(for exterior aesthetics). Neither are appealing though.

1 Like

OP - if you do hunt for an X5, a retired demo is a good place to start.

I’ve wanted an X5M for quite a while. They’re not common demo cars (if at all) and they’ve always leased like :poop: :poop: :poop: :frowning_face:.

1 Like

You’re likely overestimating the tax benefit of a lease vs finance here. NTM the overestimation of tax benefits in general: every dollar you spend saves like a quarter

1 Like

The XC90 is on par or slightly more comfy however in terms of performance the x5 is leagues better

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just an average market for the X5? For a vehicle that’s moving they don’t need to put leasing incentives.

This is what I’m trying to gauge- is the market reasonable for the lease?

How do people expense the finance for the X5? Section 179? My CPA likes leases- maybe just for their simplicity.

Maybe I’m overestimating my tax benefits- but I see 35% federal and 10% state that is avoided?

Ya commit tax fraud, that’ll help you

1 Like

Lol don’t discuss things you don’t understand. This is not tax fraud

2 Likes

It certainly is when you were taking about leasing a personal vehicle and now you’re going to misrepresent the business usage of said vehicle to commit tax evasion. But go ahead and do it to save a couple hundred bucks. Hope you don’t get audited

Love my mom SUVs for their business use btw, such a capable and logical choice. Maybe a G wagon would be better , ya know for your business ?

Yes it’s a horrible market for every lease minus a few EV’s for the most part. You either pay the dumb new prices or opt out. I bought one of my leases and if nothing is good next month I’m buying the other. Wait for reality to set in hopefully at some point or just not care about cars anymore.

1 Like

Lol I’m glad you know my business and how I use my vehicles and what percentage of them I am expensing.

I don’t think this is a productive use of our time to discuss further. Thank you for your concern.

5 Likes