Hoping I didn't get too screwed on this lease

I see thanks for clearing that up. Besides the taxes integrated into the monthly payment and the VIN etching (still mad about that one) are there other fees I should look out for?

Anything other than doc fee, dmv fees and aqc fee, skip all the bogus add ons and aftermarket bs

You get a pro-rated refund on one-pay leases

What did they charge for ā€œvin etchingā€? I canā€™t seem to find it.

Strange. Youā€™re right. I canā€™t seem to find it on this document. However they said it was $399.

thatā€™s an absurd price. Iā€™m wondering if you can check to see if it was actually performed. VIN etching is such an old scam. Iā€™m always on the lookout for it. Well, if they DID do it, you are stuck with that charge, BUT you can call your insurance and see if you get any deduction for it. Could recoup some cost that way.

BTW, the wheel/tire package isnā€™t bad, actually. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been offered that coverage for less than $800, let alone your price of less than 5. Depends, of course, if you have ever had issues in the past under your driving conditions, and how low the profile is of the current vehicle. Iā€™d imagine a CX5 wouldnā€™t have many problems in that area unless it has something silly like 20" wheels.

I though total DAS was more if you count $1,700 of rebate listed right below customer cash.

Due at signing, whatā€™s due from you. I donā€™t count the rebate because you donā€™t pay that, that doesnā€™t reflect an accurate cost.

Haha. Wouldnā€™t that be wild if they didnā€™t even do it. Iā€™m going to check later. Itā€™s usually on the window right? Are there any other fees I should have tried to fight them on?

It should be listed with the tire package, there also could be some sort of disclosure for the etch listing out the terms, unless they just jacked up the price or mf and just made pure profit. Youā€™ve really got to pay attention to the numbers and make sure they donā€™t change anything when you go from one process to the next.

Wow. Thatā€™s incredibly frustrating. Itā€™s a confusing enough process as it is.

Ah, right. I was just thinking from another potential buyer who would not notice the rebate and think this deal was done at $309 and $3k and not qualify for the rebate.

Good ole Wayne Mazdaā€¦

Do you know a good Mazda dealer in the NYC area in the future?

Thatā€™s kind irrelevant because who knows if they will be good in the future. Next time get quotes from all the dealers in your area and report back here, donā€™t go to the stealership until all the details are hammered out

Is this necessarily true? My wife usually says wtf why are we doing this letā€™s go. Then they start giving better numbers. Wish it were a buying tactic Iā€™ve employed but usually itā€™s how she feels.