Honda Residuals

CR-V is a good choice for cargo. Nisan Rogue 2 row option is even slightly bigger.

Thank you for the feedback. I never considered the Nissan Rogue.

If you live in an area where a Credit Union is leasing, you can get a smoking deal on a CR-V. Shoot me your zip and I’ll let you know if there is one in your area and what their MF/RV is. Basically the RVs are close to AHF but the rates are in the 0.00140-0.00180 range, depending on the CU. That translates to a savings of around 20-50/mo on a 36/12k.

Zip is 16066. I’ve been back and forth with a local dealer…they’re tough puppies to deal for.

Ahhh, Pittsburgh area. What Acura dealer did you try to go through for the RDX? I went through Baierl for my TLX and they beat the other 2 area dealers.

Baierl. Spitzer didn’t even come close to matching them after I showed them the offer.

Where is this Civic EX at 199/mo?

1 Like

I’m not surprised, they weren’t even in the ballpark with me either and practically dared me to find someone that would beat them. Wasn’t a problem because without any negotiation Baierl’s first offer under had them beat by over $500.

I’ve always had decent experiences with Baierl. Spitzer came in $50 a month higher and said “give us a call if you’re still interested.” Uhhhh yeah I’ll pay way more, sure.

Thank you. Zipcode is 11040. Do the credit unions include Gap or is it a seperate fee.

you can likely get it through your insurance if GAP isn’t included, or is too expensive.

The CUs we work with all include GAP and a $1k weat and tear waiver at no extra charge.

11229, thanks!!!2020

I am going to be getting a 18 Civic Type-R soon, and the current residuals and money factor at Honda is scaring me to death. I have excellent credit (814) and I have been considering credit unions and a bit of a stretched loan, because I believe I will be able to at least break even if I ever wanted out of it.

I heard the best deals are the Accord Hybrid Touring.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be so certain about breaking even. Honda is increasing Type R production with a 2018.5 model, which means there are going to be more available. I would expect in the near future prices are going to normalize and they’ll start depreciating a bit.

That said, it is definitely a purchase car, not a lease car.

1 Like

The car still seems to be a bit strained on supply, but I agree any ramp up will hurt long term.

This isn’t a purchasing forum, so I won’t dive into that. but I am looking for downsides of a longer note with a lower rate if I plan to keep the car at least 5-6 years.

Either a longer note or a “saver” balloon payment loan

I’d like to hear the residual on that. Those cars are going to be tough to find under 25k for a very long time.

Just got back from the dealer, 2018 Type-R estimate. 63% residual, money factor .0022, 3/36 with a $22,424.85 at lease end. Up front is like $608, making the payment around $548 a month or so.