Honda Pilot EX-L 2019

How did I do?

I gave in my 2018 Honda Accord sport with 6k miles. I had two years left on the lease. They ate it. $1000 total out of pocket. $395.79/mo out the door. 3 years 36k miles on the 2019 PILOT EX-L. Comes with dealer add ins like tint and rubber mats etc.

1. Why come here and post after the fact?

2. Share the deal structure. No way to know if it’s a good or bad deal without it.

3. Search the forum for comparative deals

What did they eat exactly? How do you know Accord didn’t have positive equity?

1. I can still return it!
  2. Yeah I’m gonna put it in when I get home.

Is that monthly with or without tax?

Exactly, thats why would like to see the calculator. Something doesn’t sound right, too good at first look at the numbers. Its possible that positive equity in the car worked as a down to reduce cap cost.

3 Likes

Did they buyout the Accord?

1 Like

Updated with the sheet!

Yeah and put a $60 extra in towards the new lease.

Total with tax.

Plug your Accord info into carvana and you can see if the deal was good or bad.

Any idea what the mf or RV was on the lease?

5k discount isn’t bad. $850 in bs add ons is. Need to find out what your Accord was worth to know if the discount is legit or if they gave you a lower amount for your trade in to show a high discount. The fact that the Accord purchase price was the buyout rounded up slightly would definitely make me question that.

I actually did carvana randomly and that’s what made me go shopping.

My accord was $327/mo total. I had it for 10 months before today. The wife hated the Accord sport 1.5. So that’s what forced me to really go for the pilot.

Probably not a bad deal then. It’s a fairly common thing to pull equity from a trade in to make the discount look bigger. Doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Yeah, I didn’t mind as much since I put nothing down on the accord lease. But I fought tooth and nail to get this $395 deal. I went to 4 honda dealers and fought for the whole weekend. The fight finally ended this evening. They were happy to let me walk if I didn’t take it after the stand off for 4hrs.

Yknow,
Email is quite the invention… Getting initial quotes at the dealer is just asking for trouble.
Save your time and physical presence for when you have your best offer. In any case…Enjoy the new ride.

2 Likes

I love this game hahaha. Thank you!

A little late to this post, congrats on your (your wife’s) new Pilot.

Was this for a 2WD or an AWD? Also, what region?

Thanks in advance.

2WD! Wow I haven’t logged in here for a while!