Honda HRV Sport 2021 NYC

Hey, new here and first time potentially leasing. My current car is on it’s last legs (BMW X3 2004 199,000 miles) so have no choice but to get a car soon. I went to a dealer yesterday and was quoted this for a HRV Sport 2021 in NYC which I found high based off the MSRP being raised on me that the finance manager tried doing after running my credit (Initially the quote was $300 a month but he said because of my credit, it’s $339 which was BS). Just curious based on the market today, what is considered a good deal on this car in New York? I’ve done my research the last few hours but just curious what I should look for? My credit is prime/tier 6.

36/10,000 miles

Cross capitalized cost - 29,790.96
Capitalized Cost - $1195.00
Adjusted capital - $28,595.96
Depreciation - $12,064.76
Rent charge - $162.28
Total base of payments - $12,22

Lease payment - $339.64
MF - 0.000100
Residual - 55%

They are charging you like $3k over msrp on this. In all honesty don’t go directly to the dealership and use email. Spread your net far outside city limits. Any Honda dealer in NYC isn’t going to give you a decent deal.

1 Like

Looking at over 400 a month for an HRV? Do you need a car? 500 for the trade in. So actually 3500. That’s a ton of money for an HRV sport…

1 Like

@austincudi, have you checked with @AutoNinjas? They are in NJ; but I think they can get you a better deal than what you posted.

Looks bad too me. What is your trade? Have you gotten offers from Vroom, Carvana, Carmax, etc and compared that to what the dealer is offering? Might not be much on your car but it only takes a few minutes to check. You might be better off to sell your trade on Facebook marketplace. I’d compare HRV programs to CRV. I haven’t looked in awhile but CRV residuals have been higher than 55%. You might be able to get a better car (my opinion) for about the same/slightly more.

Check your residual.

I am seeing 60-62%.

Your MF is correct (base).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.