Honda CR-V Lease Question

That’s definitely high. I ended up with about $5k off MSRP. Then the $500 military (or college grad if you qualify for that, comes off as a cap reduction from Honda).

Because of how low the sales price was negotiated extra miles only end up being 15 cents/mi which is about the same as if I would have prepaid by going with 15k/yr. They said they lost 2k on my deal.

I got the first 2 oil changes, mudflaps and wheel locks free. I also threatened to go to another dealership if they wouldnt give me door edge guards which are a $188 cost to them. I go in next week to have them installed.

Well, last night I closed on a pretty stellar deal:

2019 CR-V EX AWD Dark Olive Metallic
MSRP: $29,965
Selling Price: $24,945 (including $750 CR-V Cash Incentive and $500 Conquest Incentive)
Doc Fee: $199
Acquisition Fee: $595
Splash Guards: $156
Sales Tax: 7.738% (63146)
Terms: 36mos/15k
MF: .00069
RV: 59%
Monthly Payment: $299.44 with absolutely nothing DAS.

Thank you for all the information provided here that enabled me to pull off such a great deal! For those wondering how I did it, I checked CarGurus for CR-Vs that were on the lot the longest at local dealerships. I also found that Olive Green Metallic was the least popular color and proceeded to find a green CR-V that had been sitting the longest at one of the larger dealerships in town. I then e-mailed my request for a lease deal to every Honda dealership in the area in which I was willing to travel (about 8 dealerships), and let them know specifically that I was shopping around for the best deal. The offer wars began! The 2020s are coming in soon and that has incentivized the dealers to dig a little deeper into the pockets for aggressive deals. Much to my surprise, the very first dealer to respond had the best offer at $310 with first month’s payment due at signing. Using some leverage from a couple other contenders, I got them down to $299… and just before pulling the trigger got them to agree to pay the first month’s payment for me to sweeten the deal. All in all, I’m very happy. Leasehackr calculations below:

Honda CR-V EX AWD Lease Calculator

3 Likes

First months payment at signing right? I almost did 15k miles but because of how low the sales price was negotiated its only 15 cents/mi for overages which is about the same as prepaying for 15k. PS. Thanks again for your OP, it made it possible for me to get a tremendous deal. You are an example of why this is a great community. I know someone who just got the identical car I did except ivory interior and paid exactly $100 more/mo.

I further negotiated so that they paid my first month’s payment. True sign and drive.

4 Likes

THIS is how you hack a lease!!! Tremendous work and enjoy the CRV!

Do you mind posting this up in shared deals with a link to this thread?

3 Likes

This is nothing short of amazing! Hope you enjoy the car.

I am shopping around for CR-V EX AWD quotes too. My plan was to try to negotiate to get something similar to proprioceptive’s deal. However, I just came across the below offer on the dealer’s website under new vehicle specials. This looks lower than all of the quotes I’ve been emailed from other dealers so I feel like I am missing something. I am skipping to “Total capital cost of $25,305.00” but is there something else in the fine print that I should be focusing on?

Lease this 2019 Honda CR-V EX (Model #: RW2H5KJW) for $219 per month for 36 months, with total due at inception of $219.15 includes $995.00 down payment and $219 first month’s payment, excludes sales tax, DMV fees, and includes allowable miles of 10000 per year, with Excellent Tier 1 credit (710+). No security deposit. Due at signing payment of $1,214.15 includes down payment and first month’s payment. Lessee responsible for maintenance, repairs, excessive wear and tear, and excess mileage over 10000 miles/year at the rate of $0.15/mile. Early lease termination fee may apply. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. All tax, title, government fees, $595.00 acquisition fee, DMV fees, and $75 dealer doc fees are additional. Total monthly payments are $7,889.40. Option to purchase vehicle at lease end is $18,503.90. Total capital cost of $25,305.00. Financing available through Honda Financial Services. Offers cannot be combined with any other advertised offer. See dealer for complete details. Must present this ad to get this advertised special. Lease and loan quoting is a dynamic process so payments and terms are subject to change prior to contract execution by all parties. The payment quote above assumes that these taxes and fees will be paid at the time of sale by the customer in addition to the $995.00 down payment amount stated. If these taxes and fees are not paid by customer at the time of sale, the quoted payment will be higher since these amounts will be included in the amount financed.

The deal you’re posting is a higher price than proprioceptive’s deal, except his is a 15k per year and you’re quoting a 10k per year.

The numbers seem low because they’ve left out a whole bunch of stuff.

Add that stuff in and the deal you’re posting is about $240 per month (once sales tax is included, I’m using his tax rate for comparison) and $2500ish DAS.

That’s basically a $310-315 a month effective payment with $0 DAS.

Never pay anything at signing and only 10k miles is laughable. Dont do it

I just got an AWD EX for $275/mo with only first months payment at signing 2 weeks ago. That included 4.15% sales tax on the full purchase price of the car. 36/12k.

Then I got an AWD EX-L demo at 36/15k on Friday with true $0 signing, nothing down for $325/mo. 35 payments remain. 3 years all maintenance included.

Last night I upgraded all the interior lighting to LED in about 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Nice deals. Now that you have both which do you like better, cloth or leather?

The leather is surprisingly really high quality. The black fabric seats are rare on the white trim. I like both overall. Non leather is more cool in the summer but the leather is perforated but unfortunately not ventilated. Also the leather steering wheel on the EX-L and Touring is NOT heated which is goofy to me… you can add it as a dealer added option for like $800. I’d say if you need power liftgate/auto dimming rearview mirror then get the EX-L. I think EX-L also adds 2 speakers.

Where in Florida?

Tampa area

Is this a good deal? Thoughts?

2020 Honda CRV Touring
in California
36 mo / 12K
MSRP: $34,370
Cap Cost: $32,230.76
MF: 0.00159
Residual: $21,637.35
Total Monthly Payment (includes tax): $416
Drive Off: $1482.13 (=1st month, tax, reg. fees, dealer doc, acquisition)

seems a little high