Honda Clarity Touring Lease- NJ

$1700 rebate must be NY resident and not just buying a car from new york. The $10800rebate is for northeast zev resident.

Huntington

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again: Many of you looking for these deals are playing checkers, and you need to play chess. Once you get a selling price for the car before any and all rebates and incentives are applied, its checkmate. They are boxed in, unless they are lying to you or including rebates in the quote after you specifically asked them not to. Once you get the price verify it and ask them to give you or confirm a lease quote based on that price. ā€œSo based on that selling price of xxxxx and the 10,800 (or more in certain states) in rebates available a 36 month, xxk mile a year lease should be around xxx per month with xxx due at signing? Or a one pay lease should be xxxx? Please confirm.ā€ Itā€™s quite possible that the dealer, even a sales manager might not even realize that the math works out, especially on a One Pay, they might not do very many of them. Iā€™m sure many of the people working these jobs are very nice and Iā€™m sure a lot of them are very intelligent too, but if they were math wizards they would be working at NASA. Every sales manager Iā€™ve dealt with just plugs the numbers into the computer and the terms spit back out at them.

2 Likes

My selling price was 31000, so 10% off MSRP. yours only at 4%

Iā€™m looking for this deal also. I commute to Manhattan and use 5 gallons of gas a day! Iā€™ve got all the northern NJ guys quoting Fees/Tax/Docs/First month $1789 at signing and 290 month for the Touring with selling at 25780 and 16120 residual. Iā€™ve just come across a Buying Service and they are in NY with the same drive off but 215 per month for Touring. But I have yet to see that deal in writing.

PM me please. I I will try to help you

This is national deal for certain states.

2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid Continuously Variable Transmission Featured Special Lease

• $209.00 per month for 36 months. $2,299.00 total due at signing.

Only for residents of the following ZEV States: CT, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NY, RI, VT

Closed end lease for 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid Continuously Variable Transmission (ZC5F1JGW) available from September 5, 2018 through October 31, 2018, to well-qualified lessees approved by Honda Financial Services. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $34,295.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $21,348.09. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $7,524.00. Option to purchase at lease end $14,746.85. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by October 31, 2018. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15Ā¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20Ā¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See your Honda dealer for complete details.

So $239/36/12K DEAL that Jay got is good in my opinion.

I got $299 a month, 10k miles, $0 Due at signing on a touring. Picking it up today

Probably could have done better, maybe $10 less if I went there in person. however being busy and doing the deal over the phone without going there was worth it!

So most of them lie to you about the selling price, they include some form of rebate in the discounted price. They pretend they donā€™t understand a selling price on the lease (or they truly donā€™t, I donā€™t know which is worse), itā€™s like walking through thick mud when talking to them.
In the end they give you a worse deal than the Honda website. Including Paragon. Practically 0 dealer discount in the end.
People upstate are more honest.
I spoke to approx 10 dealers so far, I am thinking of giving up on Honda altogether, I guess they are used to a different clientele and donā€™t bother with anyone with a little bit of knowledge.

Try Honda of Freehold. I got an Amazing deal on a touring

The problem is that New York customers canā€™t get the extra 1700 in rebates due to them if they go outside of New York State to do the deal.

Hi Jay , could you PM dealer info ,thank you

Itā€™s a post purchase rebate and they care where you got the car?

Emphasis on #5 and #8

If the monthly deal at the end is better than NY dealers it doesnt matter. For a lease what matters is the monthly payment and total due at signing.

Of course, but thatā€™s pretty crazy if you canā€™t beat a NJ deal in NY with 1700 worth of free money in hand. That should be worth about 40-45 dollars a month right there apples to apples.

Yes but NY is more expensive in general, rent is more expensive and dealership employees salaries and taxes paid are more. Overall they need bigger profit margin to offset. Maybe thats why they dont offer good deals, not 100% sure though