Honda Clarity Hybrid plugin Lease 2018

Still getting quotes - Is this is a good deal - on 2018 Honda Clarity Hybrid plugin - SoCal…
MSRP- 37496
Discount 8091
Base Selling Price - 29404
sensors - 841
Selling Price 30245
MF - 0.00071
RV - 15747
Drive off - 1600
Monthly - 450/month ( inlcude Tax - 7.75%)
12K Miles

It’s not the same car but I just got my friend the base Clarity in Socal for $336/mo (9.5% tax included) and $781 due at signing for a 36/15K lease. I’m betting there’s a lot more room in your quote.

Aim for $340/mo+tax and $1K due at signing.

1 Like

Have you seen the other threads on Clarity? This is clearly awful. The sensors aren’t residualized so you are paying $841 + rent charge on them over the term of the lease. They aren’t worth ~$25 a month IMHO

1 Like

thats True. Thats what the dealer said. Its an extra done by Service Dept.

what was the residual in that deal ? In my quote it is around 42% ( 15747). Should we look for lower residual and pay more or opposite ? For a 60% residual my monthly comes to 250/month + tax. ( $270/month) same deal. So Should I ask foir Higher Residual in that case ?

The residual is fixed based on your lease term and mileage. The base 36/15K was 41%. The Touring 36/12K is 42%.

1 Like

In my Honcker app now there is a Touring offer of $432 with only first month due at signing, and that is with the LA 9.5% tax. Also, screw the sensors LOL.

Good Suggestion, let me check that out,

You cannot negotiate the residual. It is set by the bank. This is true for ALL leases

got it. Any suggestions what i could negotiate in that deal to bring it to an acceptable one.

This is not a good deal. Looks like you are paying almost msrp. Look at other clarity quotes here. The touring model is around $70/mo more than the base. Push for $2-2.5k discount.

1 Like

just checked honcker and couldnt find what you see but one with 389/month ( inc tax 7.75%) , but with 1403 at signing on touring.

That’s probably the same car. You can adjust the amount due at signing in the app.

What sensors are we even talking about? Doesn’t the Clarity come standard with Honda Sensing? What other sensors could you possibly need?

Its probably a backup sensor. The clarity lacks rear sensor and bsm. No lumbar support even on the $38k touring. Geez!

Ya, I was wondering this. I’ve been seeing about $13.5k total if you do a one pay or put a decent down and pay monthly payments on the Base. Touring was another $2k-$3k more.

The problem with some of the other threads is they make it seem like you can get one in So Cal for $10k (or a heck of a lot less) but those deals only seem to exist back East.

I kind of hate to say it, this being a leasing forum, but wouldn’t it be worth it to just buy at $30,400 (or so) and then sell it in 3 years? You’d get $9k back in rebates (Fed/State) assuming you can fully claim it. Excluding license (which you’d pay if it were a lease or a purchase) $30,400 purchase becomes roughly $34k with tax and dealer fees. Deduct the $7.5k (the $1.5k state would be offered on both)and you’re at $26.5k. Deduct the $13.5k you would have had to pay for the lease and all you have to sell it for to break even after 3 years is $13k. That seems extremely doable.

Now, if they start offering some actual lease incentives out here than it may make not as much financial sense but I’m thinking I may actually buy it fully knowing I’ll just sell it in a few years.

Am I missing something???

yes, Its the Backup and front sensors. Rightly said by Force - no lumbar in these models.

check this out… for the touring
but the message i get from here is clear - the sale proce needs to be atleast 2k to 3k more on the lease. wondering how i would go about asking that.

pl suggest how to go about asking for additional discount… from here…

Lot more room. I believe the Honda incentive is 10.8k so not only are they not passing on any discount but they are holding on to some of the incentives. Please avoid the Clarity and get into a regular accord touring 1.5 T for 250 a month.

1 Like