Honda Civic Type R | $52,000 | $30.9k one pay (update inside)

You are the target market for salvage luxury - look past the tag and you’ll understand it’s a bonafide car

Ya big dummy

1 Like

Then don’t waste your time or ours.

1 Like

Thanks - this is all super helpful. I thought I knew quite a bit about leasing, at least compared to the average consumer - but these past few days have taught me so much more. Definitely going to help me in my future deals especially when handling my family & friends money. Everything you noted makes total sense.

Yeah he’s super uninterested in the car buying process. His 2017 used alfa romeo giulia quadrifoglio that he bought back in 2019, which only had 8k miles - he didn’t even negotiate on. He hates the process of negotiating because he hates capitalism lol. IDK - I don’t try to change his opinion of that. He’s of course super happy I did all of this for him, and I am too since I learned a lot.

I was happy to help because it’s honestly fun for me, and I want to get better deals as I continue to lease my own cars.

1 Like

If you feel your time is wasted then why reply? I only made that note so people knew I was self aware. My friend doesn’t care it’s over MSRP.
Everyone elses advice was generous and helpful to me, and the above thread helped me convince my friend to finance his car instead of lease it (which as noted in your reference, was a bad idea). Again, thanks to this community.

So that alone is a time not wasted achievement I’d say.

My follow up comment was so I could continue to learn how to compare the nuances of lease vs buy because I was over complicating it and confusing myself, which the kind commenters helped me with.

2 Likes

Be careful with that blatant truth. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

At least this is regarding a vehicle that we haven’t seen a million times.

You’re not their target market. Some of the best performance cars in history haven’t been German. Americans in todays age are brand obsessed. They’d rather drive a 9 year old 200k mile 3 series than a new Kia.

The CTR isn’t my cup of tea, not because its a Honda though.

1 Like

Take a chill pill my guy. You didn’t have to read his write up. Why are so many of you so uptight lately.

Whether we like it or not, this car is actually a very rare car perhaps worthy of MSRP markup. Last 2 years we’ve been seeing markups on cars like a Prius. At least hes got something thats a bit of a unicornn on the road.

1 Like

I’m not quite a “today’s age” person, but I sure as heck would rather drive the Bimmer. Not own one mind you, but definitely the drive is leaps above a new Kia

And certainly that alone is a very valid reason to ask and to post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The lease price for this Civic will most likely be around the Germans. If it was up to me for leasing wouldn’t you want more for your money. Honda only has reliabilty but why would you care about that when leasing. I assume the person that drive this care about speed. Your right this is not my cup of tea I prefer luxury.

Down here in Florida, they want $70K I never knew Civic was this expensive.

70k seems outrageous but maybe 5K over MSRP? My local dealer sold an Integra A spec with like 15k ADM when it came out.

Like I said, it’s a different target market. No German car is going to bring back memories of me hanging out at Asian strip malls with all those modded Civics and Integras and I have had a few 3 series lol.

Some posters here get extremely angry and edgy for no reason. You may say you like certain make and model, or that certain lease option on it may exist, and you will have a baseball bat swinging bunch run at you ,screaming, ready to beat you to pulp so you would shut up and never talk about cars again. Strange bunch, indeed.
And I also find it very suspicious, as if they are hiding something or afraid something will get exposed. May be just some bored dealers/brokers, angry that they can’t sell cars and thinking that we are the culprits.

2 Likes

And eating beef noodle soup? :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like he is buying it outright regardless if he leased or financed first, and in the long term this car will last you alot longer than a c43amg or a m340i. Believe it or not there is still a large market for “JDM”. 90s supras going for 5 figures stlll running like new.

Again, if you think about brand and what you can show off this is defintely not the target market they are looking for. Nothing wrong with how you want to do it but just saying they have other people for the seats.

For example, the KIA stinger, phenomnal vehicle that people would rather buy a 330i or c300 because of the barge.

1 Like

It’s only been like that during/post covid lockdowns. Before hand I rarely saw the aggresive attacks on posters I see now daily.

1 Like

It’s insane. I had 3 dealerships in the past 3 days try to offer $20k - $25k over asking (most recent was $25k). The one I finalized with was still up $6k more expensive than I was able to get it down to (a little over $58k). $52k might of not been the best deal, but considering other alternatives my friend was pretty happy with it.

One dealership went as far as to say that he thought I was lying when I told him I had offers under $60k…I sent screenshots to be petty.

Crazy world out there for Type R’s haha

Yeah - it’s almost as if they forgot a lot of commenters and posters in this community aren’t quite at the superstar leasing knowledge status they are yet.

I know I’m better than the average consumers, but no where near those in this forum. That’s why I posted the above.

1 Like

saw this on Reddit. Curious on what market markup is like.

M2 money ….

2 Likes