459 Doc Fee
150 Reg Fee
Bank Acquisition Fee 595
13804 Residual
12,000 Program miles 36 months
Cap Cost 21502
Net Cap Cost 23006
Dealer 750.00

Awful. Have you searched the forums at all for Accord LX?

Funny you say that, the manager was telling me he was taking a 480 dollar lost on the deal.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.170404771.7719/flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

1 Like

My car got totaled, I only have a rental for the next two weeks, I just want an average deal 250 a month no money down. I also have very good credit any advice you could give me.

Thank you

You didn’t tell the dealer any of that, did you? Dealers love sniffing out desperate, and just the few lines you wrote give that vibe. Lots of possible ways to proceed, but I personally like working the phone with the ‘internet department’. Call a bunch of local Honda stores, pick a stock number from their website, and ask for a lease quote. Tell them you are buying within the next two weeks and have already driven one. See where that takes you.

1 Like

Didn’t say any of that, Thank you that’s very good advice i’m going to work on doing that this week.

Alex, look at my deal I just did.

In my opinion, any deal before October 31, your goal should be $219+tax due at signing and $219+tax a month. If you have a Honda in the household then subtract an additional $20 per month.

Best way to talk leases with dealers is to tell them you want to discuss cap cost ONLY with all the inceptions capitalized.

This handcuffs them into talking about one number.

Research the MF and Residual for your market and the payment solves itself.

I have been leasing on and off for 20 years and thought I would talk payment this time around for simplicity reasons, but the reality is most salesman don’t know or care to understand MF RV MRM Cap Cost, etc.

As you soon as you start talking cap cost, you will know how serous the dealer is about selling a car.

Took me two weeks of fighting about 10 different dealerships until deciding to switch back to my old strategy. After that, within 3 or 4 phone calls I had my deal.

Good luck out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the help!

Also, be wary of the “internet departments.” Not all are created equal.

IMHO, the internet departments are no longer what they once where. They are now essentially appointment setters geared towards saying and doing anything to get you into the dealership.

In fact some internet departments are outsourced and don’t work on site.

In the early 2000s, my perception of the internet department was that they made their own deals and did not report to or syphon deals through the front office sales team.

My success this time around has been dealing directly with sales managers who worked out the deal and then pass it off to a sales associate to get the credit app, car washed, gassed and ready for delivery.

I think some internet people are paid a bonus for how many people go to the dealership, while others are given bonuses for when cars are actually sold.

Don’t know if this helps you but got an EX-L Accord quoted at $389 no money down for 12k/36 month lease from two different Honda dealers.

I can never understand that literally every deal that’s made during a lease the salesman is always first to tell you he is taking a loss. Lies lies and more lies…typical salesman in is a scumbag industry

Are you kidding??? $389??? For an EX? I hope you sprinted and ran as far as you could after they showed you how those disgusting numbers.

2 Likes

I know I have repeated myself many times but the numbers they gave you for an LX I got for a 1.5 accord touring. You shouldn’t be paying any more than $215 for that ride.