Honda Accord 2019 LX $251.70 DAS $235.23 month+tax

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019, Honda, Accord, LX

MSRP: $24,650

Monthly Payment: $235.23 + 7% tax ($251.70)

Drive-Off Amount: $251.70 (includes new tag, all inceptions capitalized)

Months: 36

Annual Mileage: 12,000

MF: not sure, think it’s .00102 (I believe the national rate is .00056, but have also read .00090 in other forums for my market) seems to be marked up with an 833 EQUIFAX FICO, I know, I know…

Residual: 13,804

Incentives: $750 dealer cash included in numbers above, (maybe more, waiting on copy of purchase agreement from dealership, they conveniently left that out, only have lease agreement with Honda. It was rumored that Honda extended the Labor Day weekend sale cash of $750 through October for dealers impacted by Hurricane Dorian)

Region: South Florida

Leasehackr Score: 8.8 years

Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Honda&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=24650&sales_price=20975&months=36&mf=.00102&dp=0&dealer_fee=0&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=56&reg_fee=0&sales_tax=7&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Capitalized costs:

• New tag 180.24
  • Rental Srchag . EFF.BATT 159.50
  • Upfront Taxes 11.71
  • Acquistion Fee 595
  • Dealer Fee 799

Dealer Contribution: 350.91

I know its possible to get better pricing but I think I did well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m new here. How do I use the info you have posted, and when others post on the Lease forum, to gain the deals you have here?

Is it basically going into a dealer and stating you want these discount/deals or will you still have to haggle a ton?

Thanks and I know I’m hijacking your thread a bit.

My basic forumla for the last 20 years has been pretty much the same.

MSRP
– Edmunds TMV discount
– holdback
– rebates, dealer cash, etc
++ actual cost of license plate
= cap cost

You will never know exactly what additional discounts the dealer may be able to offer for meeting their sales goals. When I backed out my number I saved another $400 beyond the formula above.

Be confident. The sales person goal is to caste doubt and poke holes in your position to maximize price.

Dealers will put meaningless installed equipment, dealer fees, marked up tag agency fees, etc. I leave these addons completely out of my calculation. I only focus on the bottom line. However they get there is their business.

If you try to fight every number on the purchase contract you’ll drive yourself crazy.

Like I told @Alexforthewin negotiate your cap cost with all the inceptions capitalized and the payment will solve itself.

You mean all the Capitalized costs are included in the monthly payment?

Doesn’t quite work that way. Any dealer will just laugh if you walk into their dealer saying “I saw this post on this site, and I want that deal.”. Deals are dependent on location, timing, amongst many other factors. You’ll need to do some research on your own, reach out to many dealers, and have patience. I’d also start by reading this, it’ll get you on the right path.

Contacted about 20 dealerships.

Timing is important. I would say it took about 2 weeks of back and forth with the various dealers.

Discussing cap cost weeded out the non serious dealers. This could have saved me a lot of time had I started negotiating cap cost from the beginning.

Yes. All the “drive-offs” are included in the monthly payment.

Just first payment due at signing.