HMF 3rd party lease buy out issues

I’m currently having issues getting Hyundai to release the title. The 3rd party dealer (Car Trackers) has already sent in the payment for the payoff minus the sales tax but the payment is just sitting in suspense as a credit on my account. HMF collections dept keeps calling me saying I owe a monthly payment to which I tell them the car has been paid in full to which they say oh yeah but it takes a few weeks to apply to the account call back in 5 business days. And it never gets applied. Also depending on the agent on the phone they say I owe sales tax (I don’t since dealer is taking the title) or they say there is some other random amount that needs to be paid before the title can be released Ive been told random amounts between $500-$3000. Any advice on the best department to get ahold of to process the payment. Its been 30 days already since they received the payoff and the title still hasn’t been transferred.

Does HMF accept third party lease buyouts?

All the clowns you’ve been talking to might not know the answer to this basic question.

1 Like

Is the payment showing on your detail form?

Look under Payment → Payment History and see if the buyout check was processed.

Also you might need to pay the $300 ‘Purchase Fee’ that Hyundai sneaks in. Also you need to fill out an Odometer statement to officially ‘close’ the account.

Yes they do, at customer buyout price.

Yep that was it I needed to pay that before they would release the title. Crazy that no one could tell me what that fee was for weeks. Glad Its all been closed out though now.

I was able to get mine bought out at the dealer price + 300 purchase fee

The purchase option fee should be disclosed in your lease contract. Did you read it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.