Hit a pole and bumper came off on leased car

3rd Gen 3.5l, :rofl:

This is a super easy DIY repair. You can do it!

With that being said I know people who have literally no idea what they’re doing. My mother was a property manager and got called out for a loose door handle. It literally just needed a screw tightened. She didn’t mind going out but was like really? You can’t turn a screwdriver once or twice? He was in his 40’s and said he had never touched a screwdriver in his life. If you feel like that’s you maybe ask a friend or family member to assist.

You do not want this reported to car fax, especially if you’re planning on buying it out.

@Justlooking I am located in Queens. What shop would you recommend? I would definitely prefer getting the OEM pre-painted to match my car paint and done by professional. I worry if I do it it’ll fly off if I drive too fast. I think I also need new wheel moulding trims too cause one of the clips snapped off.

@1jarretts Why would I not want it reported on carfax if I do a buy out? I understand that would affect the resale value, but I was planning on keeping this forever and passing it down to relatives eventually.

That’s a valid way of thinking! I, personally, like to keep my options open, so if it worked out to pass it down or if things changed and it was better to sell. I’ll admit it’s a flaw in how my family thinks, so you might know what works best for you.

I’ve only had good experiences with Precision Auto in LIC. Not the cheapest, but they do excellent work and will work with you on a discount if you are paying cash.

@1jarretts Oh I definitely agree that anyone should keep their options open regardless. Hopefully whichever shop I go with doesn’t report to carfax ideally.

@hhbean Thanks so much for that suggestion, their reviews and pictures look great. Just submitted their price estimate form.

Another shop that I spoke to told me they have been looking for this bumper from a used car but haven’t had luck and a new one from the dealer will apparently cost $1200 + $800 for labor. Do these prices sound right?

1 Like