Highest lease residuals? 36 months

Which cars have the highest lease residuals for lease? I think knowing that will help the “price conscious” lessee and anyone looking for just 4 wheels to move from 1 place to another :smile:

I think Chevy Colorado WT is up there.

High RV is just one part of the equation. You need a combination of high RV, big discounts or incentives and low MF.

Subaru is one example where they have high RV, but you won’t get a great deal because they are too high in demand so the discount/incentive isn’t big.

Forester has very nice MF & RV this month and there are plenty of them. Can be had for under 1% easily.

you can lease an appliance-like honda accord lx for about 210/month (pre-tax) nationwide on a 36mo/36k mile lease. Residual is 56% and mf is 0.00059, bonus cash is 1000 and lease cash is another 1000, zero down naturally, msrp is 24130. meets the 1% rule even if tax is added.
Also, i believe honda extended the incentives to 6/30/2017

That’s for the sedan only. Coupes have an additional 250 off but only chix drive Accord coupes.

I think this is the best idea any one came up with here !
Been thinking about it for years .
Posting a monthly highest Residual / Incentives cars for lease !

I don’t see any value in doing this since many of good lease deals are happening using high lease cash offer on cars with terrible RV. So high RV has less meaning individually in a good lease deal. MF and lease cash and negotiation discount should be considered too.

3 Likes

Seems like we get a thread like this at least once a quarter…some variation of a Eureka moment, “High RV must equal a great lease, right?”

And the opposite example can be found too. Infiniti Q50 and (IIRC) Hyundai Elantra had RVs that were nothing to write home about, but were great leases relative to MSRP due to high discounts/big lease cash and low MF.

The Elantra was at 60% for 36/10k. Not shabby. Not great.

Newbie question: how are RVs researched? Are they set in stone by the manufacturer, and if so, how does the consumer find them out? For example, what do I do if I want to find out the RV for a Imprezas?

Try the edmunds forums.

Cool, thanks daliante. How do they know that info over there?