Hi, I'm ChevyPhil. If you have Any Chevy Or GM questions post them here or Tag me and i'll help out

next time let me know what car it is at least lol. Or was that a test? I’m assuming this is a Bolt and yea its a good deal. Take it. Unless you in the bay area C.A. then come see me and i’ll match it lol.

1 Like

They’re using the rebate to pay the actual drive off costs and putting the rest towards cap reduction.

So your drive off cost of $3500 is covered by the rebate and you’d pay $0 cash. The cap reduction in line 12 is what’s left from the rebate after paying the drive-off costs.

1 Like

They’re using the rebate to pay the actual drive off costs and putting the rest towards cap reduction.

So your drive off cost of $3500 is covered by the rebate and you’d pay $0 cash. The cap reduction in line 12 is what’s left from the rebate after paying the drive-off costs.

that’s actually an area where the leasehackr calculator falls down, makes it hard to duplicate these scenarios (at least I’ve been struggling with it, end up estimating a lower taxable incentive box)

@ChevyPhil @chicagoster

Picked up my 2017 Equinox 1LT AWD this past weekend. Thanks to @BoardWalkNJ for recommending Joann at Princeton Chevy.

Im about 80 miles north of Princeton, NJ in NY and took the train down to pick up the car. She had someone meet me at the NJ transit train station and bring me to the dealership (5 min ride). I was in and out of there in about 30 min. They entertained my 7yr old with fresh baked cookies and popcorn while I was signing the deal.

2017 Chevy Equinox 1LT AWD (MSRP $29,725)

24 month lease with 10K Miles a year (GM Financial)

DAS ~ first month’s payment of $180.12 and NY plates/registration (~$250)

23 remaining payments of $180.12

Waived the bank fee and NY taxes of 8.375% rolled into the payment.

Very happy with leasing an almost $30K truck for $180 a month on a sign and drive essentially.

Anyone in the NY/NJ/PA tri-state area looking for a deal, def recommend Joann at Princeton Chevy.

3 Likes

congrats thebigtuna, that’s pretty good for 2017 lt equinox, with taxes, fees rolled in…you’re probably around $160 per month before taxes/fees. best part is the simplicity and getting what you were quoted and not a pain in the arse.

1 Like

Does anyone know if gap insurance is included within the standard GM lease contract?

Yes for sure it is…

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation!

Cross posting one more question.

I recently snagged what I thought was a great lease offer on a Chevy with a very low monthly payment - far below what I typically see on this forum and compared to offers by other dealers in the vicinity. I paid 0 out of pocket, all taxes/fees rolled into the payment. While the paperwork appears to be in order, I’m a little concerned that the offer appears too good to be true. Is it possible for the dealer to turn around and change terms of the lease after I’ve driven away? The 0 down payment was possible because of all the lease rebates and GM offers, which were listed on a separate document from the lease agreement. Is it possible for GM to come back and ask for additional dollars after I’ve already signed all the paperwork?

Would appreciate some perspectives or advice. Thanks!

yep, see bottom https://www.gmfinancial.com/finance-options/buy-or-lease.aspx (can’t find the pdf of theirs that has it right now)

Thanks for sharing. Did you use any incentives for this?

Im totally satisifed with the deal. No gimmicks or tricks. The price I was quoted on email was the price honored.

When I got picked up by the dealership at the train station, I was picked up in a base Cruze LS sedan. Let me tell you, I was impressed it with (even though it was a base sedan). 7" touch screen radio, soft dash and cloth seats were nice. For $100 a month all in, its a steal !

1 Like

Yes, $6,600 in rebates were applied to the deal. I was eligible for conquest (I also lease a VW), the truck was also a “tagged” vehicle. and I believe there was another $500 in Auto Show bonus.

When shopping for any chevy lease, make sure the dealer uses a “Tagged” vehicle which is a $1,500 rebate off the bat.

Not sure what the May numbers look like, but im sure they’ll still be clearing out the 2017’s with the 2018’s already on the lot. By the way, the refreshed 2018’s are nice !

1 Like

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

what’s crazy…chevysalesgirl was top sales person for her dealership this past month (she mentioned in another post)…and wouldn’t ya know it…she is straightforward with her offers on this forum…and has picked up a couple sales from smart consumers/members from here…every person on here so far has vouched for her after dealing with her. so, she’s drawing in more good word of mouth customers…heck, i offered to take one of her leases if they could work out the shipping, etc…straight-forward upfront honest pricing, giving customer all their incentives, offers. instead of a sale, it’s a partnership. anyways, relatively simple sales concept…well maybe not…either win by high volume and low margins…or high margins, low volume…and probably mostly, in the middle. captain obvious. :slight_smile:

from my personal experience: domestic dealers start my quotes with high margin prices (i mean absolutely ridiculous - like paying for a corvette but getting a yugo)…most foreign dealers will start quotes with decent offerings (trying to sell of vehicles)

i’m not complaining…just observations…it’s a business and that owner has choices.

2 Likes

Hopefully all dealers on this site will realize they’ll have to go the high volume, low margins route. This is a forum for crazy deals, so obviously dealers will have to cater to this crowd. So far I think most of the dealers have done a pretty good job. They’re not all able to offer the crazy deals, but at least they’re realizing they need to be honest and straightforward with the numbers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

some of us benefit from working at large dealerships and on non traditional pay plans so it’s a win win for you and us. I’m non-commission so I love LH deals, but some dealerships still pay commission % of profit, so for them they need to make money on mark ups. It’s just two different ways to do businesses.

Phil Gileno
415-596-6262
Capitol Chevrolet
San Jose C.A.

2 Likes

Will someone please confirm the following May Acadia Denali factors for me?

24 months/12,000 miles
.00137 MF
72% Residual

Thanks,
Ben

haha, yes its for a Bolt LT w/ driver confidence and comfort options. I’m in the bay area CA. Can you beat that offer and not just match it? whats’ your email and contact info?

Hi Phil,
Does the GM Supplier discount stack on top of other incentives?
Also, I received a pull ahead offer from Buick (up to $2500) on my leased Enclave. Does that offer extend to GMC and Chevy products, or is it exclusive to me getting another Buick?

Thanks

Hi @ChevyPhil. What have you seen as far as monthly lease prices for the new 2018 equinox LTand the traverse 2LT?
I’m in NJ…so that doesn’t really help. Just trying to get some ballpark figures for a 36/15k lease.

1 Like