Help with understanding 2019 Buick Enclave Premium lease quote

Below is a quote I received for a 2019 Buick Enclave Premium AWD. 39 months/15,000 miles. Supposed to be $0 down.

To me, this appears to be a TERRIBLE deal. But I’m trying to get help understanding this incredibly complicated quote. If I’m reading it right, am I only getting a 3.21% discount? And does it look like the $4,000 in rebates are being applied as a down payment rather than cap cost reduction?

1 Like

Correct.

The 4K is covering 1st payment, 524 in fees (likely doc + upfront tax) along with remaining being CCR.

Thanks!

So, the dealer I’m working with stopped sending me detailed quotes. I used that as example to try to understand how they were approaching things.

We moved on to a 2019 Buick Enclave Essence AWD. Still 36 months/15k miles. They are at $521, $0 down, true sign and drive.

MF .00115
Residual 55%

Any thoughts on good/bad deal?

No clue without seeing the breakdown in discount + rebates, etc…

Tell them to be transparent and send the sheet or tell them thanks and move on to another Buick dealer that will.

Roger that. Here you go, just got it from them. The side is kind of cutoff there, but hopefully you can read enough of it.

One of the reasons I’m giving this dealer a chance is because I’m currently leasing a 2017 Acadia SLT-2 from them. We’ve had an absolute nightmare with it (really long story that I won’t post on here, but GM corp go involved). Have 10 months left and worked a deal with the dealer and GM to buy it back and forgive all remaining lease payments. True buyback, no rollover into new lease payment (allegedly). I’m able to pick any new GM on the lot to release.

1 Like

GM typically has different RV/MF/incentives on every trim level. Defining these numbers to understand which trim leases ‘best’ is the very first step that you need to undertake to get the best deal possible. Appears like the Essence has much better numbers than the Premium, but make a spreadsheet for RV/MF/incentives for every trim level and lease term to get started. Note how they ran a 39mo for the premium and a 36mo for the essence.

Don’t marry the dealer no matter how well they treated you. You owe them nothing. If GMF is buying it back, GMF is buying it back - not the dealership. If it’s not GMF, the dealer is lying.

As far as the deal posted, it’s weak, I’d want to be at 8-10% off to be happy. What the heck is this $500 trade allowance??

2 Likes

Was going to say the same…at minimum 8% with 10 probably being the max you could ever expect.

Yeah, I just noticed that trade allowance too. No clue what that is.

They tell me GMF is buying it back. But I have no way of knowing that. I suspect that they are just inflating (or refusing to negotiate a lower price) the new lease numbers to cover my Acadia buyback.

The first quote I got for the Essence was $611 with $0 down, but first payment and fees due at signing. Negotiated down to this and can’t get them to move anymore.

Will probably just suffer through my Acadia issues until my lease is up in 10 months at this point.

If GMF is buying it back, there would be nothing owed outside of remaining payments (if the lease isn’t done this month, for example). They don’t really “buy it back.” They take possession of their car.

The dealer can, however, “Buy” it from GMF. That would work essentially as a trade-in, where they would purchase the car. If they offered you 25k and you still owed a retail payoff of 30k, you’d owe that difference, or they’d roll it into the new deal. If they offered you 25k and you still owed 20k, you’d reap the 5,000.

This is what the dealer said:

“Your current vehicle would be paid off. Your payoff is $27,800.51 and that is what you would receive for it. No payments or any additional charges would be rolled in to the new lease.”

They’re not hiding any payments in those quotes. If GMF has agreed to take the Acadia back and terminate your lease agreement, the dealer needs to have something in writing from them - so just ask for it.

If this is BS, you’ll get a bill in the mail for 10 payments a few months after the vehicle is grounded(may sound crazy, but I had a dealer try to pull this on me last year).

If you have 10 payments remaining, they’re buying the car. GMF isn’t “buying” anything.

Edit: Re-read some things I didn’t notice on my phone when looking at this. Didn’t notice your Acadia issues/GM Corporate.

Like @chrishs2000 indicated, if GMF indeed agreed to buy the car back, you should be able to get something in writing.

So, if they provide that, am I assuming I could essentially go to any GM dealer, turn it in, and lease something else?

And then if they can’t provide that, the dealership is obviously buying the car and therefore I’m stuck with this dealership if I want to work something out?

You’re not “stuck” anywhere.

If GMF did indeed offer to buy out the car, they should be able to provide something in writing indicating such. You can go to any GM dealer (buick/chevy/caddy/gmc) you wanted.

If GMF didn’t agree to buy it out and the dealer is buying it back, you can still go anywhere you want, however YMMV on what they may or may not give you on your existing car.

In theory, yes. However, if they send to auction and the car fetches more than expected, he may not get that entire bill. I wouldn’t hold my breath on a GM though, as they don’t hold value well.

Right, I get it.

So I went back and found the email the dealer originally sent me regarding this buyback/trade in/lease forgiveness, whatever it is.

“I contacted GM and had them agree to provide compensation for your vehicle with the agreement that we take it on trade. There was no negative rolled in which is why there was not trade reflected on the purchased quote. I am fully willing to take the vehicle in on trade using this GM program, which requires full disclosure to the purchaser, and assume the risks associated with that to assist you. However, I can not purchase your vehicle without the compensation from General Motors that requires you to purchase another vehicle.”

So it sounds like this dealer is working with GMF to buy back your car, with a little money thrown in from GMF to the dealership to make it worth their time.

So with that knowledge, going back to the Essence lease quote of $521 and taking into account all of this… still a weak deal? This situation doesn’t/should impact that?

Where things appear to be at is, hey, if you want out of the lease, we’ll let you do it but you have to lease another one through us. This isn’t really a GMF thing where I can go to another dealership for this same buyback/trade-in/lease forgiveness deal.

As long as it’s documented that the remaining lease balance will be paid in full by the dealership and the lessee has no remaining obligation. This should be shown on the lease contract in the form of a negative trade balance (offset by matching cash down payment coming from the dealership) and also on the GMF grounding form.

It’s difficult for me to trust that a dealer had a secret conversation with GM, and GM is secretly providing compensation to this dealer. Get everything in writing :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s your current monthly payment, and what’s your current retail buyout?